Chapter 10

Jake P.O.V

When I first met her she was the best thing I've ever laid eyes on. I mean you couldn't ask for nothing better of a girl. And she was standing there looking at paints, you could tell she was in deep thought. When she told me she was pregnant I couldn't believe it she didn't even look pregnant so that means she is either in the first or second trimester.

After meeting her dad and leaving her house I went to see my mom in the hospital. And y'all are probably  wondering why she is in the hospital well she found out four years ago that she had cancer. They have been treating her and shes got better but the cancer just want go away. Its just me, my little sister and mom. Our father walked out of our lives when mom found out she had cancer he said he just couldn't handle the pain and all.

But me and my little sister has stuck by her side through all this. Shes a fighter that's for sure. I walk in the hospital and Linda at the front desk signs me in and tells me to go on back and I do. I walk in the room and see my mom laying there watching TV and hooked up to all these tubes.

"Hey mom how you feeling?"

"Hi baby! And good I'm living still can't complain now can I?" (Laughs)

"No you cant can you."

"So whats that smile for on my big boys face?"

I looked at her and was shocked at the question. I hadn't even realized that I had been smiling so big.

"Nothing mom." (blushes and laughs)

"Oh come on I know that look when I see it and you just blushed when I asked the question. Is it a girl?"

"Yes mom but we are just friends I met her today at Lowe's while picking up some stuff for the kitchen sink. But there is one thing that I wanted to ask you."

"OK son what is it? And whats wrong with the sink?"

"Its just leaking nothing I cant fix. And the one thing about her is she's pregnant."

"WHAT!!! It better not be yours?"

I laughed at that.

"No mom its not mine. The father of it left and told her he didn't want anything to do with her or the baby. And I was wondering if its alright with you if we do start a relationship and since shes pregnant could I date her?"

"Jake if she is going to make you happy then I'm happy, but it will be hard knowing that you're raising some other mans child. But I believe you can do it and you of all people should know how it is to be without a father Jake. When can I meet this young lady and whats her name?"

"She does make me happy and her name is Alex and shes only a month along. And I don't know whenever she ask me about you I guess mom."

"OK son. But you should be getting home its getting late and you have to pick your sister up from the babysitter. Love you baby and tell your sister I love her too and behave!"

I get up and hug her bye.

"Bye mom and I will Love you too and see you tomorrow."

I left the room and walked down the hallway and out the door and got in my car. On the way to pick up my little sister I couldn't think of nothing or nobody but Alex. Gosh what is that girl doing to me?

_________________************__________________________************_________________

Picture of Jake on the side!

Vote

Comment

Read

Follow

Thanks for reading!