Chapter 8

When I woke up that morning I went and fixed me some coffee and ate some break feast. I wasn't feeling all that great today so dad told me I could stay out of school but I would have to go tomorrow. So I decided I would go to the mall and do some shopping for the baby and myself. I get in my car and drive for about 20 minutes and I arrive at the mall. The first store I go into is a Newborn clothing store, I'm looking around and since I don't know if its a boy or a girl I can only pick green and yellow and white colors. After buying about a dozen different things I head to Lowes as I'm looking at the paints this really hot guy comes up beside me. 

        "Could I ask you a quick question?"

        "Yeah I would help out a pretty lady like you any time, What do you need help with?"

        "Well you see I'm painting a baby room but I don't know what I'm having yet so what color should I choose?"

        "If you don't mind me asking what's your name?"

        "Alex and yours?"

        "Jake, Nice to meet you, and for the answer to your question I would do a light green and white for the trim of the wall."

        "Thanks so much, you was a big help. I'll see you around sometime."

Before I could walk away he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

        "Wait Alex can I have your number?"

I couldn't believe it this guy knew I was pregnant and still wanted my number.

        "Yeah sure do you have a pen and paper?"

        "Yeah."

I wrote my number down and told him to text me anytime he felt like it.

        "Thanks Alex and by the way you are very pretty to be pregnant."

And he winked at me and walked away and left me standing there in complete udder shock. I buy what I need and walk out and get in my car with a smile on my face. Maybe dad was right things will get better. I drive home and there is a letter on the kitchen counter from dad.

        Dear Alex,

I went and grabbed some food for dinner tonight. I'll see you when I get back behave.

                                                                Love dad.

I have the house to myself so I decided to work on the baby room for a little bit. I walk up stairs and pick which room I think would be good for my little butterball. I pick the one that's closer to mine and its a complete mess. I start working on it and I sit and take a break cause I feel like I'm over working my self. My phone rings and it's a text message from a number I didn't know.

        "Hey pretty its Jake"

        "Hey what are you doing?"

        "Nothing bored as ever. What about you?"

I could really use his help and my dad will be home in a little bit so if he tried anything my dad will be here. So I asked him.

        "I need your help Jake."

        "Are you OK and what with?"

        "My baby's room I need help cleaning it will you help me?"

        "Sure I will give me your address and I'll be right over."

I gave him my address and he told me he would be right over so I waited. About 15 minutes later I heard a knock on the front door an I opened it and it was Jake looking better than ever. And I invited him in and we went straight to work on the room.