Chapter 1 - "Duty Calls..."

"I cannot believe we are already in our sixth year Lina, I guess time really does fly

"I cannot believe we are already in our sixth year Lina, I guess time really does fly." I say while packing our bags onto the Hogwarts Express. "Agreed." Lina says in response. Angelina Hoffman is my absolute best friend. She has always been there for me when Blaise hasn't been. I literally have no clue what I would do without her to be quite honest. We met sometime during both of our first years and now look where we are.

As Angelina and I were settling in for the 9-hour trip back to Hogwarts. All of a sudden, Draco Malfoy, knocks on the door of our compartment and motions for Angelina to come with him. "Duty calls, got to go! See you later?" Angelina says with a slight smirk. I scoff and roll my eyes with a smile, everyone knows that they have been shagging for months...but they continuously deny it. Draco Malfoy; THE Slytherin prince who is praised by all. My ass. To me, he is just some self-centered prick, dare I even say ferret boy? What I said about him is true, but he is also one of my best friends, so I still love him. But it is a little difficult due to the fact that Blaise is also one of Draco's best friends. Wow, has it really been around five years since Blaise and I have actually spoken. I was brought back to reality from my thoughts to hearing the compartment door open. 

Me thinking that the person who opened the door was Lina coming back from her little "chat" with Malfoy... I stupidly say, "Oh hey, back already?" while looking down and fiddling with the hem of my skirt. I hear no response, so I look up to the door seconds later and see Blaise Zabini standing there looking at me. A breathy "oh." escapes my lips. He has an expression on his face that looks like he wants to say something but just can't. In a voice that sounds just as loud as a whisper, I hear Blaise say "oh, sorry." Before I could say anything back to him, he walks in a different direction to find a new seat. The rest of the long train ride to Hogwarts definitely gave me time to comprehend what the just happened.