Chapter 3 - "Pucey..."

I have a feeling that this year is going to be one of my hardest years yet

I have a feeling that this year is going to be one of my hardest years yet. Over time, it has become more and more difficult to stay away from her. Although this might be true, this is how it must be. I know that my family has no reason to hurt her but the thought of it becoming a possibility breaks my heart. 

As soon as I get to my old dorm and finish gathering my things back up, I sit down on one of the 3 beds in the room with my head in my hands. I am just so damn frustrated and torn. I know that what I am doing is messed up and has been hurting her so much, it is hurting me all the same. Maybe this year we can try again and be there for each other like in the past. No Blaise, she probably despises you and wants nothing to do with you. I just-. I was awoken from my thoughts by a light knock on the frame of the door. 

I look up to see that I had stupidly left the door open and that Brynn is leaning in the doorway seeming to be a little nervous. She says in a small, unreasonably fragile voice, "Hi um sorry to bother you but uh, Snape said that the new dorms are ready for us to move into." I give her a nod in response, and we are on our way. We walk once again, in uncomfortable silence. I want to talk to her, I really do...I just don't know how.

After I am done unpacking my things I make my way to the Great Hall and find my seat in between Draco Malfoy and Adrian Pucey. I've never been a big fan of Pucey, he is a complete ass almost all the time. We are both on the Quidditch team and I love quidditch...so I have just learned to practically tune him out 24/7. I basically zone out Dumbledore's entire speech and the feast, I'm not that hungry anyways. I glance over to Brynn occasionally, she is sitting in between Pansy Parkinson and Angelina Hoffman. Angelina and Brynn are best friends, practically joint at the hip. I am somewhat thankful that Hoffman is a big part of Brynn's life because she needs that person. The person that I obviously couldn't and still can't be. 

I am ripped from my stare by Pucey who nudged me with his shoulder. "Quite brilliant Brynn is, don't you think?" I send him a quick, confused look. "She definitely changed over the summer, you know what I mean?" He says while smirking and flashing me a wink. What a pig. I am quite pissed off, but I decide to just try and ignore his previous statement and how disgusting it was. I think he noticed my behavior change because I hear him say, "You two don't have anything going on right, because I wouldn't mind getting some of that." At this point I'm so over him and his fucked up mannerisms, so I get up and leave the Great Hall to go back to my dorm while rolling my eyes. 

Hey guys! How did you like this chapter? Let me know :)

- b