Chapter 11 - "Hands Off..."

*slight trigger warning*

"Oh, I see what you are doing wrong now, when you are working with this specific potion, you have to mix the other way." I say with a slight, fake, smile. After I made it back to the common room after my tutoring session with Blaise, Adrian asked me for help on Snape's homework assignment for today. No matter how much I would rather get ready for a good night's sleep, that I desperately need, I know that I would feel bad for declining. Pucey gives an understanding nod directed at my correction and begins to close his textbook as Blaise walks through the common room door. I give him a nice, now genuine smile and wave as he saunters towards the hall where our dorm rooms are located. I am beginning to think that neither Blaise nor Adrian notice each other's presence...Well that is until I hear the overly happy voice of Adrian.

"You know what Brynn," Pucey starts, intentionally catching Blaise's attention. "I really do appreciate your help tonight." He sits back down besides me and claps his hand down onto my thigh, to which I give a slight jump. This causes Blaise to immediately stop in his tracks, not moving a muscle, frozen. "No problem Adrian." I lie, along with shifting uncomfortably. Blaise has now turned his muscular body to look at us. Keeping direct eye contact with the boy now glaring at Adrian, he says "How could I ever make it up to you?" He says with a sly smile, glancing at me for just a moment before returning his gaze to Blaise. He claps his hand down onto my thigh once again, this time my reaction can't go unnoticed. I feel my eyes widen as I jump again. I slowly avert my hazel eyes from the blazing fire in the fireplace in front of me to look at Blaise, him immediately seeing my discomfort with Adrian's "friendly" action.

"Pucey,"

"Pucey," I start, the passive yet challenging tone in my voice is clear

"Pucey," I start, the passive yet challenging tone in my voice is clear. "Hands. Off." I see that he is beginning to rise from his seated position next to Brynn. "Woah woah woah. No need to get all defensive and crazy Zabini," Adrian begins and walks over to me. I can feel myself getting more and more angered by his overall ignorance. We are now face to face, Adrian is tall, but my figure still towers over him. "I think that Brynn can speak for herself don't you think?" I glance around the room to see that there are a few more students left in the common room, some catching sneaky glances to see what is happening and then some still focused on their work or whatever else they were doing. "Out." All it takes is that one angry word to make those few students pack up and leave. "Don't you think?" Adrian challenges once more. I open my mouth to give him an answer when Brynn shoots up from the couch, "He's right Blaise, I can speak for myself. No harm done, I'm fine!" She states with an uneasy shake in her voice, making it easy for me to tell that what she just said was a lie to try and diffuse the tension. 

Her hazel eyes meet my brown ones when I say, "Out." and nod towards the direction hallway. She goes to protest my order, but before she can, I give another one, "Now Brynn." I can feel myself start balling up my fists in anger. All I'm given in return is a small nod from the girl, and she shyly walks off, glancing back over her shoulder every few steps...probably to make sure that Pucey and I aren't killing each other. Is that really a bad idea?  I shake the intrusive thoughts from my head and suddenly shove Adrian backwards. "What the hell was that!" I begin to raise my voice. "I could ask you the same question Zabini. Don't you have somewhere else to be that isn't here? You know my intentions so just leave it alone!" What an idiot. "No, actually I don't, and I will not just "leave it alone."", quoting what he just said moments ago. I am genuinely trying to calm myself down before things escalate. I think back to when Brynn calmed me down when I was angry about the stupid party. Her small, soft hands in my larger ones, her soothing voice instantly calming me down. I am beginning to regain my normal breathing pattern, still making angry eye contact with Adrian. "You ruined this for me at the party, and you are not going to ruin my chances again." and with one final shove backwards I say, "oh yeah? Watch me."

----------

omg what a dramatic turn of events ;) anyways...peace out for now !

- b