Chapter 2 - "Thank you, Professor..."

Lina eventually came back to our compartment with a somewhat smug expression on her face

Lina eventually came back to our compartment with a somewhat smug expression on her face. "Have fun?" I asked while trying to hold back a laugh. "Shut up." she answered with a slight smirk. "Gross." I replied while continuing to laugh. I decided that it would be best to not tell her what had happened with Blaise just minutes before, she gets a bit protective if you will. The rest of the train ride to Hogwarts, Lina and I just caught up and told each other about our summers.

After the long trip, we finally arrived back at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is probably my favorite place to be. Most times I would much rather choose to be at the school than at home. Over the past few years my home life has gone downhill, due to the fact that my parents are absolutely unbearable. They seem to have other interests and higher priorities that do not include being at home and taking care of their daughter, so I've learned to hold my own.

Angelina and I are making our way to our shared dorm. We are roommates, along with Pansy Parkinson. Quite annoying that girl is but, we get by. I am about to start unpacking when I hear Professor Snape's voice say with a monotone expression, "Ms. Larke. Follow me to my office please." I look over to Lina who is quite obviously eavesdropping on the conversation, she gives me a slight chuckle. As I'm walking away with Snape I look back and see Lina mouth "Good luck." As soon as I step foot into Professor Snape's office, I see him. Blaise Zabini is standing right in front of me. I swear to Salazar Slytherin himself... What did I get myself into?

After Blaise and I stare at each other for about a minute or two, I brake my gaze away from him to look at the floor although I can still feel his gaze on me. "The two of you, sit down." The dull voice of Snape brought me from my thoughts as the two of us took our seats. "What is going on here professor?" asks Blaise as he presses his lips into a line while looking rather skeptical. I'm pretty sure that both Blaise and I assumed that we did something wrong and that we were about to get in trouble, But then I hear Snape say, "I am actually here to inform the two of you that you both have been selected to take on the role of being prefects this year."

Woah. Me, a prefect? I never would have guessed. "Thank you, Professor." Blaise and I say in unison, both looking at each other relatively embarrassed. "Now, as prefects, the two of you will each have your own dorm, instead of having your usual roommates." Snape informs us. Oh wow, no roommates? I could get used to that, I love her, but Lina snores hella loud. Snape proceeds to give Blaise and I the information that we need and sends us off. Oh, apparently Snape said something about us being excused from this years sorting ceremony so that Blaise and I can settle into our new dorms. We walk out of his office to go back to the Slytherin Dungeon in uncomfortable silence. We enter the common room and I see Lina talking to Draco while sitting on opposite sides of one of the couches. It looks like Blaise has already left to get his things, so I make my way over to the two.

"Hey guys, guess what?" I say while flopping down onto the couch in between them. "Oh hey, what's up?" Lina says as I lay my head in her lap. "So I guess that I'm a prefect now." I say. "You...a prefect? Very funny Brynn." I get up off of Angelina's lap to slap him playfully on his shoulder. "Woah, woah, woah. I'm only joking, congrats Brynn." I hear Draco say. "Whatever ferret boy- hey Lina, you okay?" I ask, noticing that Angelina is quieter than usual. "Hold on. I'm proud of you and all, but what I'm hearing is that I have to share a room with only Pansy?!" Lina says to me and gives a nervous laugh. I didn't even think about that. Poor girl. "You'll be just fine without me, I swear." I reply.