o n e

In short terms, I started dating a constellation. Now, don't bat your eyes at me and wonder why I'm not in a mental hospital. One, I wouldn't be able to afford it and two, I'm not some psychotic guy that hit his head one too many times. Why am I sounding so formal? I have no fricking idea. All I can say, my mom raised me to respect and use formal language. Then again, a few words that wouldn't be considered highly respectable slip out from time to time, as you can probably tell. See? I'm already running out of words. This thesaurus is still proving its use, though. Well, where should I start?

For one thing, my name is Lee Yongbok, but you can call me Felix. My grandfather first showed me the stars through his giant telescope, that my little hands tried to desperately clutch, always imagining I was a pirate on the strongest and mightiest vessel, the Earth. I was the captain looking out across the sea of stars, commanding, "Land ho!" when a constellation or planet came into view. That's how my grandfather always made me think about it, at least. I miss him. Now, I'm 23 and all by myself in the world. Well, I would say the stars are always there for me, but I don't want them to get upset or tell me "that I am forcing words into their mouths" so I would rather not.

My dream of becoming an astronomer was thrown in the trash when my parents told me to work in the office like my father. I made a dumb decision that night; I ran away. Now I'm barely scraping by in an ant's apartment just because I didn't want to sit in a cubicle and suffer through back pains. At least I have my telescope. The handheld telescope is one of my prized possessions. There! Now you know my all-too-uninteresting background story. I also may or may not be having this edited by Minnie, so this will probably sound better when it gets to you than it does now. Enough about me, let's see how badly I manage to start the story!

Once upon a- Okay. I sound like I'm telling a fairy tale. Let me try this again.

Way back whe- I am still getting used to this whole telling story thing, so please be patient with me.

It all started with a- Nope. Sigh. One more time. I think I have an idea.

One cold night (yay! I did it), I was looking at the stars, since there were barely any puffy clouds barricading my view of the night sky. I had my telescope settled in the crook of my arm, just like every cloudless night. I shivered slightly when the wisps of the cold air blew through my gray hoodie. Then again, I enjoyed the cold. It was like a package deal when you wanted to spend your time under the blanket of stars. I flickered my gaze over the inkiness when one special constellation caught my eye.

It wasn't the brightest nor the biggest. In fact, only if you squinted you could see that it was there. If it wasn't for Sirius, I wouldn't have been able to tell it was peeking just above the horizon. Near the middle of the constellation, one star drew me in. It seemed just a tinge different, but I couldn't tell what it was. I knew how hard it is to operate a handheld telescope, but I discovered that it just took a bit of patience. I pointed it in the direction of the star, but it kept evading me. Almost as if it was running away from me. After countless tries, instead of giving up, I kept at it. Then, I finally gazed at the little reddish light.

Then it seemed to get brighter and brighter, blinking in and out. It blinded me quite literally. I put a hand over the eye in pain and looked at the constellation. One by one, they all came down, falling. I was sure that I was hallucinating.

Suddenly (since the night seemed to have the ability to get even weirder), a guy about my age in a slightly smoking toga with an olive wreath placed in his pinkish hair was before me.

Word Count: 711 (you want a slushy (or however you spell it)? Do you maybe need some gas or a banana nut muffin?) Now it's 722 after editing, so I'm sad.

I wanted to try something a bit different. I am just really curious about trying out what I like and don't like. My goal with this was 1) a new ship that most don't write about (Seunglix) and 2) try to have the story start off with the main character telling the story to you directly in a way. I am still planning this story, but I desperately wanted to write this down first and then fully plan. You won't get this until it's planned, dw. I am also have some pre-written chappies, even if I want to give those out already TT^TT. Plus, I got grounded *again* so lovely times. Was me starting the story not too cringy? Like the whole "once upon a time" thing?