Prologue

Love-struck. That's what Betty Cooper was at the age of 16. His bulldog jacket often found itself wrapped around her narrowed shoulders, a symbol that told anyone and everyone she was taken. Some may have called it the 'honeymoon' phase whilst others would say it was a facade. Betty was inclined to agree with the latter. 

Broken. That's what Betty Cooper was at the age of 17. Her jean jacket often found itself trying to cover the bruises that marked her arms, telling hundreds of secrets without even speaking. Nothing about this was romantic, nothing about it was okay. But she felt trapped like someone was holding her back every time her voice tried to scream out for help. 

Jughead's life was a complicated one. His fate had already been decided for him, he already knew what he'd be doing 10 years, 20 years, and 30 years down the line. He'd be leading serpents to war, recruiting new members, and kicking out rebellious ones. He'd be the man everyone was scared of, just like his father. He didn't want that, he wanted to sit in a small office and scribble down fictional ideas that would eventually turn into paperbacks on a shelf. He didn't want to know his fate. The serpents were his father's dream, not his. 

"This is an honour Jughead" the man would bellow every time they argued.

"An honour I never wanted!" the boy would argue back but of course he would never be listened to. 

That's the thing about fate. It's not always wanted, definitely not always perfect. It's set in stone, a plan of your years written in gold on the pages of life. But perhaps, maybe just once in a generation, fate can change. Change so that two people could cross paths. Or maybe, just maybe they changed that fate themselves. 

Please read for triggers!!!!

Welcome to my book! I will try to limit my author notes but I just need to say a few things. First of all TW of abuse will be a large theme throughout this story and therefore I'm putting this in the prologue so anyone uncomfortable knows this isn't the book for them and second of all I will try to update as much as possible but will let you know if I ever take longer breaks/need some time away. Last of all a HUGE thanks to my internet best friend BettyGrangerJones for the book cover that she made for me. I love it and I'm so glad she had a part in this book. I really hope you all enjoy❤❤❤

Vote and comment your thoughts so far!