Chapter 14

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect him to come home" he apologized with a small frown, laying his arm on her shoulder as they walked. 

"Don't apologize, it went okay right?"

"Because we left quickly" he shrugged "I didn't want him to ruin today, it anything for that matter"

"And he didn't. Today was amazing Jug, more than I ever could've asked for" she smiled, nudging him gently. 

"Then my mission was accomplished" he grinned, checking his phone as they reached her house "10 minutes till curfew"

"I better go in before I'm even a second late" the blonde joked, leaning up and pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek. She slumped back onto her heels and bit her lip at his shock, before turning around and quickly walking down the path. 

"Damn you Cooper" he breathed out, his fingers tracing over his flushed cheek. 

---

"So you have chemistry, physics, history, English and maths homework to catch up on, but it's mostly research and quizzes" Veronic explained, dumping a pile of work down onto the edge of her best friend's bed. 

"Weatherbee asked about you again, but I just explained that Alice thought you needed more time. The rumours are slowing down a bit, they've moved onto the latest hookup rumour. Did you know Josie had a fling with Reggie?" 

Betty listened to her friend's gossip, making glances at Archie who seemed just as bored as her. He laughed when Betty reached forward and pressed a finger to her friend's lips "We get it V, Reggie is an ass. Mrs. Crow is working against you and cafeteria food sucks"

The girl shrank back sheepishly "Sorry..."

"It's fine. To be honest, I sort of miss the mediocrity of Riverdale High issues" she chuckled "It feels normal"

Archie smiled "I'm glad you're doing better, Alice said you'd been going out more"

"She's excited when I even leave my room" she sighed "But yeah, I've been to Pop's a couple of times which felt easier than I thought it would be. I went to the drive-in with Jug-"

"Swoonnn!!! You went on a date?" Veronica asked with her jaw dropped 

"It wasn't a date...well I'm not calling it one. Before you ask, no nothing happened"

"But-" Veronica started, only pausing when Archie nudged her. She realised she was probably stepping too far, they both knew the topic of relationships wasn't a good idea and she didn't want to upset Betty "I mean, that's really nice B. That you've been able to go out and actually enjoy yourself without trouble"

Betty's eyes flickered between them, watching how uneasy they'd become with in a matter of seconds "Guys...you don't need to walk on eggshells around me. You can mention a guy without me freaking out" 

"We don't want to upset you"

"I'm doing a lot better, therapy is helping. It's always gonna be a part of my life, but please don't change how you act because of it. I want things to remain as they were" she shook her head "get over here"

She opened her arms and soon the three were in a warm hug "I love you both"

"Don't go soppy on us Cooper" Archie laughed as he pulled away from the two girls.