Chapter 5

Sorry I haven't uploaded, I will probably explain why eventually🥰

Loved writing this chapter, it's one of my favourites🥰🥰

"B you look stunning!" Veronica squealed as she clasped a necklace around her best friend's neck, the two standing in front of the mirror. Betty wore a long pink dress that nearly reached the floor, rose-tinted jewels lining the top half with some trailing down the skirt part. 

"Thank you V, so do you" she returned the compliment to the raven-haired girl, clad in purple as always. They both touched up their lip gloss before leaving Betty's room, holding onto the banister as they walked downstairs. 

Archie was waiting for both girls, his eyes set on Veronica as she walked towards him "Wow Ronnie" he grinned, taking her into his arms for a sweet kiss. 

"Is Nathan not here?" Betty asked quietly, hesitant to interrupt their moment. 

"Sorry Betty, I haven't heard from him" Archie sighed with a pitiful glance. 

"You look beautiful honey" Alice smiled, hugging her daughter to distract her. They all took pictures together, Alice taking some secret ones when the three of them were just laughing and messing around. Archie took both girls in each arm, leading them out to his car. 

---

"Nate, there you are" Betty smiled, making her way over to her boyfriend who was pouring some sort of liquor into the punch bowl. 

"Hey baby" he grinned, his voice slightly slurring at the end. "Care to dance?" 

Betty agreed, letting him lead her onto the dance floor where he gripped her hips a little too tight. She wrapped her arms around his neck anyway, practically smelling the alcohol on his breath. 

"How much have you been drinking?" she asked softly, looking up at him. 

"Only a couple glasses, don't be a bore" he rolled his eyes, swaying with her completely out of time. 

"Ow!" she yelped when he stood on her foot, stumbling over drunkenly. The blonde sighed, pulling him gently off the dance floor onto one of the many chairs placed around the hall's edges. 

"Sober up" she offered him a cup of water, his hand knocking straight into it. The plastic cup tipped all over her dress, falling onto the floor below. She sighed once again, keeping her tears at bay as she tried to dab at her dress with a napkin. 

"We'll just sit here for a bit" she whispered, pulling up a chair next to him. He nodded, his head dropping onto her shoulder wearily as Betty fell into her own world. She watched as her friends jumped up and down to their favourite songs and how Archie took Veronica into his arms every time a romantic song played: she wished she had something as special as that. Nathan always found a way to disrupt her joy, never giving her a moment of peace. 

"No you're drunk" she shook her head as his hand crept up her thigh. He ignored her protests, slipping it under her dress. She grabbed his wrist and pulled it away, wincing when his other hand grabbed her by the arm and twisted it. 

"Nathan that hurts" she whispered, trying to tug free from his grip. She watched his eyes darken, forehead creasing as his teeth gritted. That's when she knew to get away from him, jumping up and running out of the hall. She sprinted out of the school building and through the gates, holding up her soaked dress as she tried to get as far away as possible. He had pulled the exact same face from the first time it happened, the terrifying look that told her he didn't care what she wanted.