Chapter 11

This is pre-written and I haven't had much time to write so this update is late but I'm trying❤ Hope everyone is okay❤

"Guilty" 

She didn't understand. For Betty believed he would strive to make this experience more grueling than ever for her. And yet just like that, within one single word, it was over. 

Those words echoed from her mother's lips as she hugged her tightly, the young blonde tucking her head into the crook of the elder woman's neck. Her raven-haired best friend soon joined the hug, all three women feeling nothing else but relief in their hearts. The same could not be said for the leather-clad boy next to them. 

His blood still boiled with anger, his skin still pricked with worry as he watched a uniformed officer lead the devilish perpetrator away. He knew better, 'guilty' meant easy. 'Guilty' meant less prison time, 'guilty' meant it would never be over. 

But even so, the boy relished the smile on his favourite blonde's face. She got her justice and that's all that mattered, taking her into his warm embrace as she slipped her arms around his neck. 

"Thank you" she whispered in his ear, pressing a soft kiss to his jaw that sent unfamiliar shivers down his spine. "For sticking around" 

"I always will" he murmured in an attempt to forever assure her, the words coming out breathless as his mind clouded at the thought of her lips savouring his skin. It was harder to hide now, the burning want to meet her lips with his. The desire to show her how much love she deserved and what it was really supposed to feel like. 

"Ow" she winced, falling into him slightly as she raised her foot off the ground. 

"What is it? Your ankle?" he asked, supporting her so she could stand up straight. With a simple nod he moved her arm around his shoulder to help her limp forward "I've got you Betts. Mrs Cooper? Can we head back, Betty's foot is sore" 

"Of course, let's get out of this place" she nodded, taking Betty's other arm as they slowly made their way back to the car. Veronica sat in the front seat with Alice as Jughead helped Betty into the back, his arm locked around her tightly. 

"You feeling okay?" he asked, having found that she often now got dizzy and disorientated when standing for a long time. 

"I'm fine Juggie" she smiled, resting her head on his chest as they pulled away from the courthouse. It had been a long day, even though it was 4pm, Betty was already exhausted. With her injuries, the trial and all of the stress, she wanted to sleep most of the time. "Are you staying tonight?" 

"I can't tonight, there's a serpent meeting" he sighed "But I'll come over tomorrow" he promised. Alice had let him stay over a couple of times now, of course on the floor next to Betty's bed but it was more than they ever expected her to allow. Betty often ended up in his arms when restless or after a nightmare, something they decided to keep quiet about. 

"I have school tomorrow" she whispered, watching the trees go by out of the window. She had already been off for weeks, and straight-A student Elizabeth Cooper never missed a day of school. 

"You're not going honey, I've already called" Alice spoke, glancing at her daughter in the rearview mirror. 

"But-" 

"No buts. You're going back when your ankle is healed and you've started therapy. Things will settle down there and you'll be free to go back" she instructed, with one of those unquestionable tones she mastered so perfectly. 

"Only you would pout at getting time off of school" Jughead chuckled at her, causing the girl to narrow her eyes at him. 

"Have you ever even been to school?" she snapped back playfully.