Chapter 10

This was supposed to go up yesterday but I forgot AGH!

Anyway, hope you enjoy! ❤

"What? No Betts we won't let that happen" he shook his head, confused at why she'd even suggest it. 

"Well frankly 'we' can't control it Jug. It's up to the jury, and he can use the fact I hit him. I literally knocked him unconscious" she argued, her face in her hands as she moved away from him.

"Because he would've done much worse if you didn't, it was self defence and anyone can see that. If he wasn't the one unconscious then you would be, or maybe even worse. Betty he will be locked away like he deserves, I promise you" 

"Don't make promises you can't keep" she whispered, shoving his arm away when he tried to hold her once again. 

He was taken back, a frown on his face as he kept his distance respectfully "Betts I know you're scared and you're hurting but the case is in your favour" 

"You don't understand" she shook her head "Everyone is acting like they do and I can't handle it, I feel like I'm suffocating" she choked out, gripping at strands of her hair as she paced back and forth.

"I know I don't Betty but I want to help" he pleaded, wanting so badly to hug her but he was too scared she'd spiral even more. 

"Please just leave me alone. I want to be alone" she whispered, her throat sore from all her sobs. His voice didn't seem to ring out anymore and she heard no movement, assuming he'd gone. She just needed silence, whether that meant pushing him away or not. She needed it desperately. 

Once Jughead had completed his statement with a clouded mind, they left the station swiftly. Though Betty wouldn't talk to anyone she did get in the back of the car with Veronica. Alice had offered Jughead a lift but with a polite decline, he drove his bike back to their house. 

"Honey let's-" Alice started as they walked through the door but the girl had already shot upstairs, her door closing with a slam. She sighed slumping onto the sofa "I don't know what to do Veronica" 

"She needs time Alice, Betty deals with things like this. She always coops herself up in her room until she's ready to talk" Veronica sighed. 

"Well it's not right, she should be around her friends and family. If her useless dad would even pick up the damn phone. I know he hates me but this is his daughter!" 

"Father's can be complicated" Veronica chuckled, sitting down next to her. "But she has you, me and Kevin and Archie. Plus Jughead" 

"Speaking of..." Alice added as his bike pulled up. Not a minute later the boy entered the room, standing awkwardly in the corner. 

"Are you sure she won't mind me being here?" he asked, under the assumption he should just go home. 

"Trust me she'll want you here, she just wants to be alone for a bit" Alice assured, gesturing for him to sit down. What followed from there was a whole host of questions on how Jughead met Betty, how he knew about Nathan and how much he knew. 

"I wanted to report him, but I was so worried she'd hate me and then I wouldn't be able to help her anymore. At least if I was around her I'd be able to keep an eye on things. I know it sounds stupid and so wrong, but I didn't know how to handle it" he gulped. 

"No one is judging you Jughead, you did what you could in an awful situation" Alice assured with a kind smile, something he wasn't used to seeing. He only responded with a nod, not quite believing her as the guilt still pulled at his thoughts.