- 𝟾 -

Sunghoon choked on his food while Jake was busy trying not to spit out his water

Sunghoon choked on his food while Jake was busy trying not to spit out his water. "Hehe, so you guys are?" Yeji lifted her eyebrows in amusement, a cheeky smile plastered across her face. Mrs. Park laughed while patting Sunghoon on the back. "So you are?" His mother asked again, looking over at Jake. Jake finally swallowed his water before they both shook their head.

"No! We aren't!" Sunghoon was quick to answer when he was done choking. "Y-yeah, we aren't" Jake added, looking down at his feet. Sunghoon's parents looked at each other while Yeji was busy shaking Jake gently. "Yahhh, I knew you guys were meant to be" Yeji didn't believe them so she continued to tease them.

"We aren't dating," Jake said again, looking Yeji in the eyes. sunghoon looked at his mother and then his father before speaking. "We aren't like that" Sunghoon shook his hands at his parents before pointing at Jake and himself. "Well then why were you guys cuddl-" Mrs. Park was going to continue when Sunghoon made a loud noise. "aHh" He screamed, trying not to be too loud. "I approve of this relationship" Mr. Park butted in, making everyone burst out in laughter beside the two.

"We both got dumped a couple of days ago, so no, we aren't dating," Sunghoon said softly before looking out the window he was sitting beside. "Wait, Sunoo dumped you?" Yeji was quickly to stand up with her hand over her mouth. "Wait a second, wait a second. Jake, you were dating?" Mrs. Park looked confused before moving her attention to Jake.

The chaotic scene unfolded, why? Just because Sunghoon's parents and sister wanted to know if he was dating Jake. It was a simple question, but it turned into multiple questions that needed multiple explanations. The whole scene was overwhelming the two best friends a bit and they honestly had no clue what to say to satisfy and answer their questions.

"Okay let me summarize this so we can eat. Jake and I were dating other people, they cheated on us with each other and well now here we are. So no, Jake and I are not dating" Sunghoon grabbed his chopsticks again before beginning to stuff his face with food. Jake nodded vigorously before copying the younger, making sure to eat neatly. The table was left in silence, his three family members mumbled and whispered to each other before going to eat as well.

"Uh so Jake, did your parents come home from Australia yet?" Mr. Park decided to start another conversation. Jake's parents and their dog, Layla, went to Australia for a little bit. Jake was supposed to go as well but he was busy with school and testing so they decided it was best to leave him in Korea for school. "Actually, they're coming home the day before Christmas Eve so they can celebrate with me" Jake answered, smiling at the fact he would get to see his family soon. 

That short conversation between Jake and Mr. Park seemed to be the first and last normal thing they talked about as for the rest of their diner, they ate in silence with the TV playing in the background. Sunghoon stood up when he finished, going to put his dishes in the sink. Jake followed behind him. The two went back and collected the rest of the dishes before going to wash them together.