- 𝟷𝟸 -

[ Just letting you know, something very cliche will happen haha :) ]

The male Sunghoon held on to yelped and jumped a little from the sudden contact and call of his name. Sunghoon weakened his hold and the person in his embrace slowly turned around. The first thing he paid attention to was the male's beautiful brown eyes and how they looked so big when he turned around. There was a small glare in both of his eyes, he moved his attention to the male's mouth. His mouth was agape but he had a hint of a smile on his lips.

"Oh my gosh, it's just you Sunghoon" Jake sighed and held onto his chest. "Whatcha doing?" Sunghoon's lips curled up at the ends and he let go slowly. Without uttering a word, Jake turned around and pointed at the ice cream shop. To his surprise, the shop was seemingly empty with the only person behind the counter. "I was thinking about whether or not I should go get ice cream" Sunghoon tilted his head and inspected Jake's figure.

Jake wore a plain white shirt and a dark blue, green, and white flannel and some light blue jeans. The shorter male held a small bag in his hand and his phone in his other. The bag he held was so tiny, it didn't even look like it had anything inside.

"Come on, let me treat you to some ice cream" Sunghoon grabbed onto Jake's wrist and pulled him into the shop. The small lady behind the counter brightened when she saw the two men enter, smiling kindly and waving at them.

"Welcome!" Her voice was a bit muffled from the music playing in the background. Jake bounced his head to the beat of the music and looked into the case, looking at all of the different flavors. Sunghoon stood behind him and looked through the different flavors as well. The older put his hand on his chin and looked up at Sunghoon and then back down at the ice cream.

"So what do you want?" "C-can I just get chocolate?" Sunghoon gushed at the older and nodded his head. The woman behind the counter was stood in front of them, swaying a bit to the slow-paced song playing. "Can we have two ice creams in a cup? One with chocolate and the other with cookies and cream?" Sunghoon looked at her, offering her a kind smile back.

The two made their way towards the cash register and waited for her to finish up. From the angle they were at now, they could smell all of the different ice creams. The strongest scent, chocolate, made Jake smile.

Before they knew it, they were sitting at one of the tables eating their ice cream. A group of people and a couple walked in, finally more people joined them. Jake scooped a spoonful of his and put it into his mouth and scrunched his nose up. "Mmm!" He exclaimed, Sunghoon tried his best not to smile.

"So Jake, what do you plan to do tomorrow?" Sunghoon asked and began to eat his own. "Since my parents are coming home later on today, I'll probably just be catching up with them and enjoying their company." Jake got even happier when he thought about seeing his parents and Layla again. "You?" "Same, just have some bonding time with my family."

— ♡︎ —

Jake and Sunghoon exited the ice cream shop and began to walk around. They had no set destination, they just walked around to talk to each other. The mall was very busy, people scrambling around to buy their last christmas gifts and some people who weren't in a rush didn't help those people in a rush.

They reached a part of the mall where it wasn't as busy, there was a sort of silence that calmed the two so they decided to talk there.

"We literally can't spend 24 hours without each other" Sunghoon joked and looked at the floor. "I know right, I thought I would have a Sunghoon-free day" "You don't like my company??" Sunghoon eyes panned to Jake's and the shorter got a little caught off guard. "No! No! It's just that I thought we weren't gonna see each other tod-" Jake was stopped mid-sentence when a felt a tug on his flannel. He looked down and saw a little girl looking up at him with tear-filled eyes. She had blond hair and pale skin that contrasted to her red cheeks and eyes.

"Excuse me" She spoke in english, Jake's eyes softened and he kneeled to her level. "What's wrong?" Jake tried his best to speak in a calm voice to not startle the girl. Sunghoon stood there, confused but concerned as he watched the two talk.

"I-I lost my m-mommy and b-brother! S-she was just there but I wandered off and-and" She was stumbling on her words, struggling to keep calm, choking on her tears. "Calm down baby and then explain okay?" Jake placed one of his hands on her head and the other rested on his thigh. The little girl softened at the name and took a deep breath. Sunghoon smiled as he watched the two.

"I was... I was just with my mommy a while ago! W-we were in arcade r-room with m-my older brother. B-b-but I k-kept walking and walking, and now I don't know where I am" She explained, wiping his tears with the sleeve of her jacket. Sunghoon tapped Jake on the shoulder and tilted his head.

"She lost her mom and older brother. They were at the arcade room and she lost them when she tried to wander around" Jake translated back to Sunghoon. The taller's eyes widened and he nodded, also kneeling to her level. "It well... will be alrigh-t" Sunghoon said in english, cringing at his attempt. "Come on, we can bring you to the arcade and we can look there" Jake stood up straight, fixing the girl's hair which stood up slightly.

"R-really?" Jake nodded and held out his hand. "A-are you alright, I can hold your hand so you don't get lost again," Jake said carefully, he didn't want to come off weird towards her. She immediately took his hand and the three were off the arcade.

They entered the busy part of the mall again and pushed through the crowd of people to get to the arcade which wasn't far. Within minutes, they reached their destination and entered. The whole place was decorated nicely with lights of all colors and many christmas decorations around.

"M-mommy!" She started to call out. Sunghoon noticed that her voice wasn't quite loud and picked her up. "Mommy!!" She said a little louder and peered over many people's heads. The blond gasped and pointed her finger towards the back of the arcade. "T-they're there! Back there!" She exclaimed and got all excited. Sunghoon gently placed her back on the ground and she pulled the two males along with her.

"Grace!" Another teenager exclaimed and the little girl ran into the arms of who seemed to be her brother she talked about earlier. Her brother looked up and smiled at the two. "Thank you so much! Thank you so much"

"It was no problem!"

. . .

1 / 4 / 21
21 : 57

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed it <33

- JAE & MINA -