Chapter 12

A sharp pain suddenly shot through my body which made me suddenly sit up on the bed, gasping desperately as air left my lungs. But, just as soon as the pain came, it was gone. My breathing was quick as I tried to catch my breath and worked on getting it back to normal.

I only noticed that my throat was as dry as a dessert when I was finally able to breathe normally again. I was about to get out of the bed when I noticed the enormous room that I was in which is most definitely not in Louella's house because the room itself is bigger than her house.

Where am I?

Every item on the room looked expensive which made me scared to even touch the floor, fearing that it might break. But the dryness of my throat had urged me to get out of bed and quench my thirst.

I was feeling dizzy and it took quite some time for my vision to stop spinning, but I was able to walk out of the room without falling.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by another enormous hallway which was adorned with several paintings, flower in large vases, and towering double-doors.

I didn't know where to go, so I just walked mindlessly in the hallway, the intricate design of it had made me forgot my thirst and I just looked around until I heard a voice from afar.

"Oh, you are finally awake!"

I looked around where the voice came from and was able to see a woman in a uniform from the other side of the hallway.

"I must inform the King of this!" She said as she walked up to me.

"King? Am I in the palace?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"Indeed, you are! The King had allowed you to rest so that you will be able to heal properly" her words were making my head ache as my brain tried to process what she was saying, so I just nodded my head politely.

"Can you please tell me where I can get a water? My throat is getting dryer by the second" I said and cleared my throat, swallowing the spit that had accumulated on my mouth so that my throat can be eased of a little bit of its dryness.

"Oh, most certainly! I will have someone deliver some refreshments to you, but you must return to your room"

I nodded again and just stared at her.

"What's the problem?" she asked, seeing the dilemma in my face.

"Uhm, I actually don't know where my room is" I said with a small shy smile on my face, a little bit embarrassed.

"No worries, I can lead you to it! No need to feel shy, it has taken me a bit of time to remember each room as well" she said then began to lead me back to my room.

"Are you working for the King?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yes, I am. I had been working in this palace almost my whole life, and it took me half a year to not get lost" she said with a light laugh. It took us a couple of minutes before getting back to my room, and that was when I realized that I must have been wandering the hallway for quite some time as well. She had only stayed for a minute, promising to have send someone to me with a drink.

True to her promise, someone had entered my room with a pitcher of drink and I had downed it in a matter of minutes.

Then, the woman that had assisted me earlier returned, stating that the King is asking for me. I was nervous, I didn't know what possible reason there is that the King would be asking for me, but I do hope that it is so that I can go back to Louella.

She may be growing worried of my whereabouts and her fragile may not be able to take it well. I don't even know how long I've been here... That is if this is the only place that I had been.