Chapter 22

I woke up with both my head and body throbbing painfully and feeling like my bones wanted to stretch further while my muscles and skin keep it contained. So the first thing that I need was stretch my body the best that I can, turning and twisting on my bed and even feeling some of my bones crack which made me groan in satisfaction.

Then, when I couldn't stretch my body anymore, I forced myself out of the bed and went to the window, pulling the blinds apart and was immediately met with the bright light from the Sun that's already high on the sky.

Oh no! I'm already late!

I wasn't even able to think of the fact that I'm still in my pajamas...

Wait, no I'm not.

I stopped running in the middle of the hallway, gaining some weird looks from the palace maids nearby as I looked down at my body and noticed that I'm still on my clothes from yesterday.

What happened?

I shook my head, as if to clear my head and continued running to where I know where Mackenzie would be. She currently has a lesson today so I know that she would be on the other side of the palace, I will just need to know which room she is in. But, as I think about the Princess, the memories from last night came rushing back to my head.

Somehow, all that I could remember was having a picnic with Mackenzie and chatting with her.  But I don't remember how I ended up on my bed, I don't even remember how Mackenzie and I had parted ways.

I reached the other part of the palace and figured that it wouldn't be hard to look for Mackenzie because she would always leave the door open to which room she's in, also as per the King's request, and I'm pretty lucky because I was able to see Mackenzie on the first room that I saw.

I didn't see her professor anyway, but she was with someone.

I quietly walked into the room, willing myself to not listen to their conversation although, with my heightened senses, it was relatively hard. 

I was so sure that I was being quiet as I made my way over to Mackenzie and her friend, my mind still torn by being at the present and, at the same time, being at the events from last night - or at least trying to remember the events that happened last night.

A smile automatically formed on my face as I looked at Mackenzie's form just few feet in front of me, when suddenly the person seating beside her looked behind at me with a knowing smile on her face. When her hazel eyes had looked at mine, my heart had beat in an unfamiliar way.

When Mackenzie had noticed that her friend was no longer listening to her, she looked behind as well and had seen me. A smile was formed on her face as well and it was quick to take my attention from the sorceress.

"Good morning, ladies" I greeted, my smile wider than the one earlier.

"Good morning" they both greeted, each with their own tone. Mackenzie having a higher pitch of tone, more cheerful. While Emilia has a lower tone of voice, and a little bit seductive.

"Hi, Elyse! I believe you haven't met Emilia, yet" Mackenzie stood up from her seat, and Emilia had followed suit.

"I believe I haven't" I turned my eyes back to Emilia again, who still has the knowing smile on her face. "Oh, but I have, quite a couple of times already, actually" Emilia's tone got a little bit deeper as she extended her hand to me.

From my peripheral view, a curious look can be seen on Mackenzie's face, but I paid it no mind.

"I am happy to finally, and officially, meet you, Emilia" I extended my hand and held her to shake it. When our skin toucher each other, I gasped at the sudden sensation that shot throughout my body.