Chapter 6

"Louella, I'm going to head out now!" 

It's been almost two weeks since I was washed up in this un-chartered island and, though I had expected for things to change after what happened with Ferdinand, I didn't expect for it to change differently.

After that day, people slowly began to approach me and talk to me, although, at first, it felt like they were still hesitant but I'm glad they gave me a chance, and, the more that they say people talking to me, the more the others got confident to do so as well.

I had finished Louella's house a week ago and I think the others liked how I rebuilt it because, not longer after, they began to approach me as well; asking assistance about their house. This time I didn't do it alone. Others had agreed to help me rebuild the houses so that it could be faster and so that I can help the other with their houses again. 

Now, we're fixing a house for the Evans' family, the fifth house that we would be fixing. Curio, Raymond, and some other townsmen would always come with me to the woods so that we can garner some supplies that we need, mostly wood.

The first time that we went to the woods, I had went home with ripped clothing because what I had wasn't fit to be used for the woods, especially since we had to climb a little bit to get to a higher ground where they usually go to collect woods. 

The next day, I was greeted with new batches of clothes which Louella and other townspeople had sown up for me. I was speechless, to say the least.

"This might sound weird but, are you still planning to leave?" Curio spoke as we caught up to me. "Everyone has warmed up to you and I can see you warming up to us"

I turned to look at him, one eyebrow raised in confusion; silently asking where this is suddenly coming from. "You've helped us a lot with this tragedy, you know. Most of us had lost someone, while some had lost everything. You've made it lighter for us, just so you know, and it'd be really sad if you leave" Curio added and, I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my face, one that is filled with both happiness and sadness.

"Honestly, I have never felt accepted like this before and, though it is a very foreign feeling, it is a welcome one" I said.

"Why does this feel like those sentences that has a 'but' to it?" he joked with a light laugh and I followed suit.

"That's because it is" I said, "Even though I really like being here with you, I still have a life to get back to"

"You've been gone for a long time, won't it be weird to suddenly just pop back?" he asked. Of course, I've thought about that as well. Although no one would probably look for me, it would stir a lot of commotion if I suddenly just reappear again. But, that's also something that I'm prepared to handle.

"It is, but that won't be the first that it would happen" I told him with a smile and, with that, that conversation had ended.

When we've reached the logging site, all of us went to work and began to chop down woods while the other collected rocks, except for the man named Nikolas since he is the one that carries the woods to the wagon. It took us a couple of hours for us to gather the supplies that we needed. By the time that we were finished, the sun is already high up on the sky so all of us had decided to eat our lunch before heading back to town.

There was a light atmosphere around us as we circled around and began to eat. They all shared stories of their own and, even though we've done this couple of time already, everyone seems to still have a story to tell, except for me of course, and with the little time that I've been with them, it feels like I already know a lot about them.

"Shall we head back?" Curio asked once everyone had finished their lunch and all of us were able to rest. All of us nodded our heads in agreement. Jakson and Soren took hold of the wagon from the front and began to pull. All of us would take turns in handling the wagon so that no one would burn out.