Chapter 10

It was the day after Raymond had found Elyse passed out. After tending to Elyse the night before, Emilia had not stayed a second longer; thanking Raymond and the others for accomodating her.

She then spoke to Raymond about needing to return again to check up on Elyse and had informed him that the woman may still not be able to function properly. Raymond did not question it and assured the sorceress that they would take great care of Elyse.

Emilia thanked him then left. When Raymond returned back inside, he was surprised to see that Elyse is, once again, passed out.

Louella had refused to leave. Curio offered the old woman his room, but Louella refused and said that she would like to stay with Elyse. So they had placed a bedding for her at the living room.

When morning came, Aliesha was the first to wake up and immediately began preparing breakfast for everyone. Emily came next, who was immediately saddened to see that Elyse is still asleep.

Then, when Louella had woken up, she was the one who told Emily that Elyse had been awake yesterday and, even though she was sad that she wasn't there when it happened, it gave the girl a little bit hope that Elyse would now wake up.

Everyone, except Elyse, was awake by the time Aliesha finished preparing dinner. All of them had gathered around the table and was talking lightly amongst one another when they heard a low thud, followed by another.

"What was that?" Curio asked as Raymond stood up to check where the noise came from and surprised to see Elyse on the ground.

"Oh my goodness, what are you doing there" Raymond immediately helped the woman up. By now, everyone had walked to them and all was relieved that Elyse is finally awake, and everyone had noticed that Elyse is just... staring into nothingness. But it was Emily who brought it up, kind of.

"Elyse, we're here" she said, as if to make the woman look at them.

Elyse smiled.

"I can hear you"

"You still can't see, huh?" Aliesha spoke and Elyse just nodded her head with a tight smile.

"Well, I didn't think that I'd still be alive, honestly" Elyse said as Raymond guided her back to the couch and everyone stood around her, while Emily sat next to her.

"It's all thanks to Emilia" Louella said with her usual gentle tone, and Emily perked up at the fact that it kind of sounds like her name.

"She was actually here yesterday, she said you snuck out when she was gone and was worried because she still needed to tend to you" Raymond said.

"It's sad that I wasn't awake that time. I would love to thank her for saving me. I want to meet her"

Everyone was silent.

"You woke up when she came" Curio stated, a hint of bitterness in his voice. It made Elyse raise a brow in confusion. "But, I don't remember waking up" she said. "I don't even remember how I got here"

"What is the last thing that you remember then?" they asked Elyse.

Another moment of silence.

"It was the day of my accident" Elyse said. There was something at the back of her mind that she can vaguely remember, but couldn't quite put her finger on it. "When will Emilia come back?" she asked, and there was a hint of longing in her tone that everyone had noticed. Everyone but Elyse, it seems.

"She said she would drop by soon because she would still need to tend to you, she didn't say when" Raymond said, remembering the words that the young sorceress had told him the night before.