Chapter 13

"I figured I'd find you here" a comforting voice that reminds me of home had emerged from behind and, even though I was excited to see the owner of the said voice, I continued to look in front of me.

The scenery was serene - the kingdom's well kept, not to mention enormous, garden is below me. Various kinds of flowers and trees were housed in it and there are several palace-maidens designated to just keeping it as it is. Then in front of it is the vast ocean, its blue water stretching over the horizon  and, since we're near the waters, the air is a lot colder, but somehow I couldn't feel it caress my skin.

"The King was worried that you had run off again, had to send tons of guards looking around for you"

"How were you able to find me?" I can tell that Louella could tell that my voice was dejected, but she didn't say anything about it.

"Well, when I was younger, I would always go to to a garden or go near the waters whenever I would want to clear my mind, and you had found both, lucky you" she bumped my shoulder jokingly after she sat down beside me. I looked at her with a grateful, yet sad, smile on my face.

"I reckon that King Tristan was able to tell you about... everything?" she asked. I nodded my head and looked forward again, bringing my knees up and hugged it towards my body. 

"So when are you moving out?"

"He said that he will send some of the palace guards to retrieve my belongings so that I can rest up and start training as soon as possible" I said, my voice becoming more dejected with each word I utter, if that's even possible.

"Does that mean that you won't be coming home?"

Home - for some reason, I had lost the meaning of home again. 

"I will try to ask the King to allow me to go back for even a day, I have to say goodbye to Emily, after all" I did my best to smile as I looked back at Louella, but I knew that she was still able to see the bitterness behind it.

"Oh, don't think like that, Elyse. It's not going to be goodbye. Once Emilia is sure that your body has fully healed up, I know that the King will allow you to go back again" Louella had exclaimed, but somehow it's just not getting through to me. 

The hollow feeling in my body just wouldn't leave, and neither is it being filled by the assuring words of Louella.

"Have you even told about the King what you think about all of this?" she asked. 

I shook my head.

"I didn't have the time to" I tried to reason, but, of course, Louella saw through it.

"Didn't have the time to? Or you didn't speak up?"

I sighed.

"I didn't have the time to even process it. One moment he was telling me what I am, and then the next I was being escorted out of the hall... I didn't know what to say, Louella" I stressed hard, and she understood. She probably felt the same when it was discussed with them. I don't even know what the others think of it.

Can I even return back to the town?

What I thought I only said in my brain came out of my mouth unintentionally.

"Of course you can, dear. What you had became will not affect of who you are, people are still waiting for your return, Lycan or no Lycan. You've helped all of us, and even saved a life. That won't just suddenly disappear from people's minds, you know"

Somehow, that brought a small, but genuine, smile on my face.

Back in the city, I have saved multiple lives and you'd expect that we'd get praises all the time for the sacrifice. No, half of it, we had people up on our faces blaming everything on us.

Why didn't you save this?

Why didn't you save that?

It would sometimes become tempting to throw them back to the fire, but I would just like to think that their emotions are running high and, when that happens, 99% of the time you are not able to think properly.

I've never experienced having my house burn down, or even a small piece of my properties, so I don't know what those people are going through, so I just keep my mouth shut.

But, here, in this town, they will make you feel as if you've made the universe with the way that they thank you. Although at first they were hesitant, that all quickly vanished and they made me feel as if I belong here, and that made me think... Will I even be able to return to my life back in the city? Do I even want to?

My thoughts were cut short when we heard footsteps coming from the grass from behind. Louella and I turned to look at it.

It was one of the palace guards.

"There is someone that the King wants you to meet" was all he said

I looked back at Louella, and she just nodded her head at me. With a sigh, I pushed myself up and assisted Louella back on her two feet as well. We followed the guard, trailing behind him as I presume that he is leading us to whoever it is that the King wants me to me.

"Oh, if you don't mind, I have a question" Louella whispered, as if it is something that she does not want the guard, or anyone to hear.

"Yeah?" I asked and leaned towards her, making sure not to miss a step as to not fall behind.

"Will they be calling you sire when you become a knight?" Louella asked, trying to put up a serious font but I could hear the laughs that she's trying to suppress.

"Louella!" I exclaimed in a hush and playfully bumped her shoulder. Forgetting about my new found strength, Louella almost fell to the floor.  Fortunately, my new found speed was able to help me catch her, both our eyes wide as we looked at each other. Then, we burst out laughing. 

We didn't care that the guard was looking at us questioningly along with the other palace people that we had bumped into along the way.

Finally, Louella was able to fill the void inside me