Chapter 35

"I can... feel her"

"Great! Then can you lead us to her?"

"No... like... I can feel her" she tried to explain although it only confused me than the first time around. Then she started groaning, not the kind that's in pain but - oh my!

"Oh.... that kind of feel?" I felt all my blood rush up to my head and felt my face turn hot not because of the thought that Emilia is touching Elyse telepathically... if that's what you can call it... but because of the noises that Elyse is making.

But, all the blush died down when it was suddenly overpowered by... jealousy? I know that I had hated Elyse with everything in my being after my father had passed away but, after knowing what had truly happened, I know that she was also just a victim of it. But now I am hearing her moan while Emilia, the person who I used to trust with my whole life, is pleasuring her using her magic.

It doesn't help that I had basically seen them do it that one time that I had snuck out to visit Emilia in this very cabin.

"Stop... stop... stop" I can hear Elyse muttering repeatedly to herself while I have an internal dilemma if I should help her or move away for some... privacy.

I had taken my first step to do the latter as it is becoming increasingly uncomfortable for me hearing the noises that Elyse was making when she suddenly released a deep breath and shook herself, as if trying to rid her of whatever it is that Emilia is doing to her. Although you can still see on her face that she can still feel Emilia.

"I have an idea" she suddenly said then proceeded to tell that she thinks Emilia had placed a spell on her that helps her find Elyse wherever she may be and we can try to use that spell against her. As to how, we're still not sure but it's still worth a try.

With that in mind, we had set off the cabin and started our trek back to the Kingdom, all the while Elyse is trying to sense a shift of something in her that might tell us if we're nearing Emilia.

We trekked for who knows how long, sometimes taking sudden turns as per Elyse's gut feeling. At some I had asked if by chance Emilia has become aware of our escape and Elyse had just stated that, if she is, she could've found us easily and probably ended our lives - or maybe just mine.

Elyse and I didn't talk much as we pretty much left each other in our own thoughts. I had thought back to everything that has happened and even way back to my childhood if there's a chance that I could have sensed the darkness in Emilia's heart but came up empty.

She has always been a sweet person and had no problem taking the role as my old sister despite not being blood related. Her family, although were distanced from society, were good people as well. The Kingdom, especially my family, had been nothing but welcoming to her so I could not figure out as to why it had turned out this way. Both of us orphaned with an outsider lost in our Kingdom that doesn't even know what is right anymore.

Speaking of the outsider, I couldn't stop myself from glancing at Elyse and wondered if, by any chance we both get out of this alive, will she get back her real memories or will she now have to live with that resentment towards the Kingdom... towards me.

But, is she does get back her memories, would that include the part that she had killed my father? That is something that I don't want her to burden. So it may be better if she doesn't get the memories back because, if given the chance with her, we can always make new memories together.

"You seem to be deep in thought" I heard Elyse's voice gently pierce the silence that has settled around us. If we weren't walking, I would think that she's trying to lull me to sleep with how soft her voice is.