- Chapter Eight -

"I have to say, seeing you in my bar is quite the surprise, but bringing a human with you, that I truly wasn't expecting," she said, her words punctuated with a Spanish accent. She blinked slowly, deliberately, in Chan's direction, gaze raking over him from head to toe.

You put a protective arm over him, not really liking the way she was looking at him. "Don't worry your pretty little head," Sylvia laughed, slinking past you and into the VIP area, the guard hurrying to the side to let her through. "He's not quite my type." Sylvia's fingers intertwined with the woman's standing next to her, who you guessed was the human companion Jisung had told you about.

"Forgive me for mistaking you," you said apologetically, nodding your head in the direction of Sylvia's girlfriend. She looked genuinely taken aback that you even considered her existence. You supposed she likely wasn't treated very well around here. Sylvia's girlfriend or not, she was still human.

"Now what brings the likes of you all the way out here? With a human especially." Sylvia smiled broadly, the grin both sensuous and animalistic.

"Is there somewhere else we can talk? Don't get me wrong, it's very beautiful out here, but I don't think this is the kind of conversation that garners an audience," you said, trying to imbue your words with as much meaning as possible so Sylvia would understand the seriousness of your request.

Her eyes were alight with curiosity, her smile only widening further. Sylvia seemed the dramatic type, and you could almost physically seeing her get more excited at your words. "Certainly," she said, pearly white fangs glinting against her lips as her mouth curved into a wide smile.

Keeping her girlfriend close to her side, she sauntered past you and into the crowd of her guests, who all parted as she came near. Holding Chan near you in a similar fashion, you followed after Sylvia, all the way to the other side of the bar where Sylvia opened a door, beckoning you and Chan inside. Once inside, you could still hear the ridiculously loud music, but as the door shut behind you, it all became muffled. Sylvia's office followed the same theme as the rest of the bar, dark furniture and dim lighting and nearly exuberantly elegant.

There was a desk over in the corner, but it was stacked high with papers and looked like it was barely ever used. In the middle of the room was a red, velvet couch and a couple matching armchairs, which looked like the most used part of the office. Sylvia's girlfriend went and sat on the couch, Sylvia herself perching on the armrest. Chan sat down in one of the available armchairs, and you eventually took the other one.

"Nice to meet you finally Y/N, I've heard quite a bit about you," Sylvia purred. You were sure she had. "You, I'm afraid I have not," she said, attention drifting to Chan.

"I'm Chan," he twiddled his thumbs, a little uncomfortable under Sylvia's heavy gaze. "I'm Y/N's..." You looked at each other. You and Chan hadn't actually sat down and come to a united decision about what the two of you actually were. "Boyfriend," he concluded eventually, though he still sounded slightly unsure. Sylvia looked incredibly amused.

"Well, nice to meet you Chan, my name's Sylvia, this is my girlfriend Grace." Sylvia laid a hand on Grace's shoulder, who nodded at both you and Chan. "Just as every bit human as you are." Sylvia said to Chan, who seemed lost as to how to respond.

"As to why we're here," you said, quickly averting the conversation to the most pressing issue. "We've been in communications with some other high standing members of both the Criminal Justice Quarters and the Jurisdictive Quarters, and we've been talking about making some changes to the government." You watched as Sylvia's brows rose significantly. "You were recommended to us as someone that might be able to assist."

"Have I now," she said quietly. Her lips were pursed slightly as she mulled over your words. "And exactly what do you plan on changing about the government?"