Alone

Chapter 1
____

He's defeated, sat on the ground, leaning against a tree, mask thrown aside. In his hand he held a potion of harming, he stared at it in fascination, his mind drifting off.

They got what they wanted and he had no more allies to back him up. He had nothing but his worn-out gear that was about to break.

He was alone.

His friends had felt uncared for and had turned a blind eye to all the choices he made of trying to protect them. They wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

He had wanted to see Bad to talk about his problems and to find comfort in the arms of his long time friend, but Skeppy had shut the door in his face when he tried to talk to them.

Tubbo, someone who he treasured dearly, who he treated as if he was a brother by blood, left him as well. For the stupid country, for his idiotic best friend.

Puffy, a mom like figure in his life that he followed around aimlessly. He loved how she called him her little duckling and cherished the little gifts she would give him. He couldn't find her though, where was she?

And his husband, their relationship was already strained due to the disaster of a wedding but they soon learned to build trust in one another. They had a stable, functioning domestic life for a while.

So why? Why did it end up like this? Why couldn't his husband look at him in the eyes? Why did he start sleeping in another room? When did the air around them felt so suffocating?

His questions were answered one night when Fundy held the divorce papers in hand.

The fox held a pained expression, arms around his side as if he was unsure, "Are you even the same man I fell in love with anymore? The one I would hold in my arms for hours in the morning because we were too comfortable to get up. The one too shy to show his affections so I always have to make the first move... Are you even the same man I married?"

He hid his pain behind the mask, when everything fell apart he thought Fundy would be there for him. Why does his husband look like he was giving up on them?

"Where did we go wrong?" His husband asked him.

"We never did," He had answered.

"Then what changed?"

His voice cracked, he didn't mean to, "Everything..."

He watched his husband break down and as much as he wanted to comfort him and whisper sweet nothings. He knew there was no going back from the damage of their relationship.

So he signed the papers and left. He ran to the forest and hid away from everyone.

It's been a week and within that week, he had written letters and left them at the community house. The letters contained his last words, all had names on them. A letter for each person that ruined him.

They could never have the last laugh. This will be his final move before chaos ensues. He refuses to back down without everyone falling with him.

He stares at the potion and unscrews the lid. Gently, he brought the glass closer to his lips and drank it, finishing every last drop.

"I'll watch the world burn from above," He stated bitterly as he felt his body weaken every second.

Then a hand came and caressed his face, tracing his cheek to his lips.

"We're burning it together, nerd."

He was sure he was hallucinating until he felt soft chapped lips on his own and the sweet taste of strawberry.

A health potion.

____

Techno pulled away after he forced the other to swallow the health potion. The taste of sweet strawberry still lingered in his mouth and as much as that helped to avoid certain death for the blond, it still wasn't enough.

It was ultimately wrong to kiss a taken man, especially one with a husband, but the current circumstances left him no choice. A potion of harming weakens you drastically if drunk.

His eyes trailed Dream's messy blond hair, to his constellations of freckles, and the pink kissable lips. He huffed as he tried to ignore the voices in his head saying 'more'.

The sun was setting and he was too far to take Dream home. The blond was fragile due to the effects of the harming potion and he only had one health potion left that he used on him. It would take more to get the other to full health.

He settled to chopping down nearby trees and using a bit of cobble from his inventory to make a small cottage. He finished just in time, just when the first few mobs were starting to spawn.

With a quick stride to Dream, he lifted the other along with the things on the ground and carried him inside. He placed him down on the bed, throwing his cape over the other as a replacement blanket, and started making potions.

Occasionally, he would glance at Dream, still keeping his guard up. He knew the blond's weak state but he wouldn't dare underestimate the other's mind.

Maybe he found himself staring a bit too long from time to time. He had seen the other's face before from a duel they had but it was still different...

Dream had his guard down, vulnerable, defenseless. He could take him right here- stop. He tried to take his thoughts elsewhere, trying to think why the other would do this.

Rage filled his veins that he tried to control. What possessed Dream, one of the people considered God and admired by many to just go down with a swig of a potion?

Where was Dream's husband? His friends? Did they even know where he was?

He grumbled to himself, "I hope you're worth the supplies, Dream."

And as he finished up brewing the potions and placing them near the bed. His gaze landed once again on the unconscious blond.

Touch

He sat down and traced the other's face, to his neck, and finally back to his lips. He had always liked the other, a never-ending desire that he had always pushed back, until today.

Till he felt the other's lips. Just why? He gritted his teeth and glared at the sleeping man's face.

This was going to ruin him.

Dream was going to be the death of him.

And maybe he wanted it to happen.

____

end of chapter 1