An Addicting Drug

Chapter 6
____

Puffy rushed back home as soon as she received the news, she dropped all her plans and went back. It was heart-wrenching to find out, that someone who you treat like a son died without your notice.

It all started when she noticed Dream following her around silently, albeit it was creepy but she also found it sort of cute when he would get closer to her. He trusted her enough to not wear armor, that she wouldn't hurt him.

The blond was shy at first, not talking but sticking close. Then when she started a conversation with him, he answered back. Until he was the one starting them up.

As she got used to them, she would unconsciously find herself looking for her little duckling when she was alone. Her little trips were always better with him around.

They would spin around in boats and fool around the SMP, bake at Niki's bakery, tell funny stories about their life, and get each other gifts. She refused to believe he was a threat like everyone believed he was.

He was her little duckling, her son.

She remembered the look on Dream's face when she had given him a brooch. The wide smile on his face when she told him it was the proof of their bond, how it signified he was her son, even if it wasn't by blood.

She hesitantly opened the letter and she couldn't help the first few tears fall into the paper as she read the first line.

Dear Mom,

I love you so much, more than you could ever know.

It's hard for me to write this letter more so than the rest because the time we shared could never compare to what I will even say but I'll try my best to incorporate my feelings as lovely as I can.

What we have is golden, richer than any soil, warmer than any sun, sweeter than any expensive chocolate. You are the reason, why I started to appreciate the little moments. The reason why I could still keep my ground.

Thank you for not seeing me as a villain, even when everyone has depicted me as one.

Thank you for the memories that I'll cherish till death.

Thank you for the warm hugs, I wish I could still have.

And thank you for the brooch, I love being your son. I'll watch over you from above. I love you, mom.

-Dream

____

Techno left the house and found Dream hiding in the bush near the entrance, he looked distraught. He lifted the blond and dragged him to the forest.

Once in a safe distance, they stopped. He looked at the other who was shaking and fiddling with the small golden ring and one diamond ring on his finger. One symbolized of a promise and the other of eternal love.

He hates how Dream still has it.

"I heard it," Dream looked down his shoulders shook as tears fell down his face. He brought the blond closer and hugged him, running his hands through the other's hair.