Slowly Burning

Last Chapter
____

Dream brought his axe down, as George smiled at him. He freezes, the axe stopping.

The brunet laughs a bit, "It's okay, I deserve it,"

With that, he stops.

He can't...

Suddenly, Sapnap jumped on his back, straddling him on the ground. He turned around to and a fist collided with his mask.

A sickening crunch and crack were heard, as a piece of his mask fell apart. His was nose bleeding, probably broken.

Growling, he moves to try and get the other off but George had other plans and pins his wrist. Both of them holding him down.

Oh, fuck. He let his guard down, they're going to kill him...

He doesn't want to die in their hands.

He knees Sapnap hard, a howl of pain came from the other while he breaks free from George's grip and grabs his axe.

He swings, closing his eyes.

There's a splat.

____

He walks to the cliff, the one that would trigger the explosions. The one that would end it all. Bloodstained his clothes, his eyes blankly stared at the ground.

Why couldn't he do it?

Why did he let them run away?

It didn't feel good.

He reaches his destination. Throwing away the broken mask to the ground as he stares at the fire that spread throughout the smp.

It was beautiful.

There's a crunch from behind him, he figures it was Techno and so he doesn't look.

"Dream?"

Oh.

He turns around, meeting the fox's eyes.

Betrayal, that's all he felt.

"Why?"

There's that question again.

He could hear his past voice answering it, back at the wedding, "I don't know."

"I love him," He admits, he saw the way Fundy's grip on the sword got tighter, knuckles turning white.

"Why him?!"

"He's different."

"How?! What does he have that I don't?!" The desperation in Fundy's voice and the frustration was nothing to him.

The voices taunted him, getting louder, "kill."

"I don't know."