Heaven and Hell

Chapter 5
____

George had always had this on and off thing with Dream. There was always something in the air around them, a tension that wouldn't go away. Unspoken feelings that they would never dare admit.

That changed when he kissed the blond at his wedding. When he objected after Dream and Fundy were pronounced partners in marriage, then he proceeded to pull the other off the stage and kiss him on the lips.

He remembered the look on Dream's face when he did that, the surprised look melting as the other kissed back. It was hot and addicting, he wanted more. To which a couple of seconds later the blond pushed him away with a terrified look.

Then chaos ensued and when Dream ran off after getting questioned 'why'. Fundy followed after him a couple of minutes later. He received a punch from Sapnap that day and as he was about to leave, he saw the two lovers kissing on the bridge.

He had given the other a chance to choose him and yet... he still chose Fundy. What does that fox have that he doesn't?

So, when he received the news about Dream's death it broke him. Even after all the things the other did that hurt him, why was he yearning for him to come back? This was all a joke right? Dream is alive... he knows it.

He sat on a bench outside his house, reading the letter again and again. Till he felt a soft touch on his shoulder. He turned to look at his side and saw Dream smiling at him.

Was he hallucinating? Dream's supposed to be dead right? Did he come back?.... Who cares? He's here!

Dear George,

         George, the truth is, I have always been trying to find ways to be close to you. Seeing as you've been too busy doing your own things to come be with me anymore. I never meant to hurt you without a reason. Everything I do, I always have you or Sapnap in mind. You two were my best friends, so my intention when I dethroned you was because I wanted to protect you. I never meant for you to feel like you were being used.

  You've always been the one in our group who attracted the most men and women. I have to admit, I have fallen for you as well. My heart aches and yearns for you in every passing moment I cannot have you. Your smile leaves me breathless and I would do anything to see it only for myself.

          You broke my heart several times, in different forms and different ways. So, I gave Fundy a chance. I tried to make you jealous but you never seemed to have cared. It only escalated further when I had fallen for him too. When you kissed me at the wedding, I was reminded of my love for you that I always thought was unrequited. But... I realized that, it's Fundy who I want to be with, it's him I want in my life. I was so glad he gave me a second chance.

Thank you for contributing to the many reasons why I wanted to die. Maybe in another life, we'd meet again.

-Dream

"Hey, George are you coming inside yet?" Quackity stood in their doorway.

"In a minute, I'm talking to Dream," He ignored the other's concerned looks and continued his conversation with the blond.

Quackity only saw George talking to himself.

____

Techno and Dream were walking around the forest hand in hand. He was still afraid if he let go of the blond, he'd run away and jump off a cliff.

Dream wanted to grab the things that he left from his and Fundy's house and he insisted he'd be the one to grab them.

"Why can't I just grab them myself? I can sneak inside!" The blond had whined at him.

"Do you want to be exposed that you're alive if someone caught you?"

"That would be kinda funny."

He still didn't let him.

They were now at the edge of the forest in front of the house Dream had shared with the fox.

"Wait for me here. What do you need again?"

The blond looked at him with a small grin, "My duckling brooch. It's on the bedside table."

He didn't dare ask why the other wanted it, he just knew it was important to Dream. The pig nodded and headed to the house. The door was open so he stepped inside.

It was a mess, papers were scattered everywhere, the dishes were left unwashed, bottles of alcohol were lying around, and scratches all over the furniture.

Yikes

He went upstairs and opened the bedroom door. Upstairs didn't look any better. He went to the table near the bed and found the duckling brooch just like Dream had said.

He went back downstairs, prepared to leave but the only problem was that, a certain fox had entered the house just as he was about to.

"What are you doing here?" Fundy asked him with a hateful glare.

"Nothing much." He shrugged.

Fundy's eyes landed on the brooch on his hand, "Is that Dream's brooch? What the hell?" He looked pissed.

The pig thought quickly, "I received a letter from Dream as well, he wanted me to take this somewhere."

"I'm his husband! The only memory I get to have is this house and his things! We never even found his body! Why would he even let you handle Puffy's gift for him?!"

Puffy had given Dream this? He'd ask the blond later. This nonsense the fox was saying was pissing him off though. How dare he call himself, Dream's husband when he divorced him.

He quirked a brow, "From what I heard, you and Dream had divorced. Why should you care?"

The fox was taken aback hurt flashed his face, "I... I n-never signed the papers... and even if he signed them, I would never want to stop being with him. I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Then maybe you should've thought about that before Dream killed himself. I mean, isn't it technically your fault?" He didn't know why he even messed with the fox, but it was fun after all the damage he'd done to the blond.

Fundy was furious as he lunged at him and struck a sword to his shoulder only scraping it. He pushed the fox away and the other crashed into the stairs in pain.

"Dream was someone I respected. If you weren't someone special to him, I would've killed you without a second thought."

Just as he was about to leave the fox spoke up, "Dream isn't gone, is he?"

He turned to look at the fox who was looking at him with eyes full of pain and hate.

"That's wishful thinking."

Fundy let out a small laugh, a determined look on his face, "No, that's why I'll find him, even if I have to drag heaven down and raise hell up to earth."

____

end of chapter 5