Reflection and Gifts

Chapter 4
____

Tubbo wiped the tears that were running down his face while he recalled the memories he had with the blond. Dream had always comforted him and hung out with him when everyone was too busy with wars, even if the blond was not fighting on his side.

He didn't know why he had ever felt scared of Dream. The other had never targeted him in the first place. Only messing with him a little if he was around Tommy.

And yes Tommy has been there for him, but not in a way that Dream had been. Tommy was always in conflicts and he was busy fighting with everyone all the time.

Dream made time for him.

Dear Tubbo,

You've always been like a little brother to me. You remind me of happier times and at the same time, you brought the worst thoughts to my head. Every time I look at you, I remember all the good things I want to come back. Looking at you makes me want to kill myself more, it hurts me.

It's not your fault though, it's my head. Dark thoughts fill me up every time I look at you. I wanted to see your horrified face as you see your nation blow up and see the terror in your eyes when it was done by someone you trusted. I never wanted to hurt you physically, but I can't help to do it mentally. To scar you so you'll always be broken like me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

You'll always be my little brother, Tubbo. I love you, no matter how much I despise looking at you. I'm sorry.

-Dream

____

"Tubbo?" Tommy called out to his friend who was staring at a letter in his hand.

He went to touch the other's shoulder only for them to flinch and back away, "Don't touch me!"

"Tubbo..."

"I wish we could've just run away! Maybe then Dream wouldn't have to look at me!"

"Tubbo, please."

"He's always been nice to me! I don't know why I even let you scare me into thinking that Dream would hurt me!"

"Tubbo, I'm sorry..."

"No! Because of you, he's gone..." Tubbo cried as he pushed past him.

He clenched his fists as he gripped his letter tight.

Dear Tommy,

I'm giving you a last gift.

You die a hero or live long enough to be the villain. Let someone look at you the way everyone used to look at me. This is my final attack as the villain in your story.

-Dream

____

Techno was watching over Dream who was swimming with the glow squids.

They were in an underground cave with a pool that was illuminated by various blue lights and glowing patterns on the walls.