Chapter two

Chapter 2

I woke up to growling and yelping. When I went to get up I noticed that the wolf was on top of me, asleep. I slap the wolf on the muzzle and bucked him off of me.

I flew down the stairs and out the door. Quickly back tracking, I rushed back inside to grab the rifle and a sweater.

Out the door again I went. Scanning the area I reloaded my gun. I gasped when I saw Mouse and Jessie fighting with three coyotes.

Groaning I aimed for the first coyote that was snarling on the side. BAM! Head shot.

I mentally did a happy dance. Making the safe decision to not risk shooting Mouse or Jessie on accident, I ran toward the scene. Taking the butt of my rifle I slammed it into the coyote's side.

Whining in a high-pitched tone, it took off. The last coyote and Mouse were still fighting. Aiming for the coyote's head I swung the end of my rifle at it.

"F*ck." I swore when I missed. The coyote bit deeply into Mouse's hind leg and turned towards me. Before I could shoot the coyote had jumped on me.

I was unbalanced and fell with a thud. Teeth began snapping in my face and I went to grip it's jaws when it was ripped off of me.

The brown wolf dragged it away from me and bit into it's neck, killing it instantly. As soon as the wolf knew the coyote was dead it trotted up to me. The wolf started sniffing me all over and started licking my face.

Laughing I pushed him away and went to find my gun and a shovel. After burying the two coyotes behind the barn, I went back into the house.

I looked for an extra bowl that I could use for the wolf's food. Finding a large green bowl I tossed it on the floor with two bowls that had Jessie and Mouse written on them.

I filled each bowl with dog food and began cooking bacon and eggs.

After five minutes I finally sat down and looked out the window to see mouse and Jessie lounging in the sun. Standing to collect their bowls I stopped when I saw the wolf's food was untouched. Instead he was staring at me.

"Not a fan of dog food huh? Well me neither. I'll get you some bacon but don't tell Jessie and Mouse." I casually spoke to the wolf. I knew he couldn't understand but it felt right to speak to him.

Dumping the dog food into Mouse's bowl I filled the wolf's with bacon. I laughed as he almost inhaled the bacon.

The phone rang from my office. I walked quickly to the office and slightly shut the door.

"Blue Hills Breeding Ranch, this is Callie speaking." I said cheerfully into the phone.

"Hey, Callie!! It's Sam!" Shouted my brother.

"Sam, how many times have I told you not to call my office phone?"

"Obviously not enough. Anyways, Justin and I are coming over."

"What? No, I'm busy."

"Mom says we need to have a sibling day."

"I don't care. You can't come over."

"Too bad we're already here." He said right before he hung up.

"Sam!" I shouted aggravated while I stormed out of my office. Startling the wolf who was sitting outside. "You better have five reasons for me to not decapitate you!"

I threw open the front door. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked aggravated. Justin playfully glared at me and spoke in a fake deep voice, "I am alpha, you will respect me."

"Shut up Justin." I snapped.
He really was alpha of the Moon-Shade Pack but I didn't care. I was human so their werewolf laws didn't affect me.

"It was worth a shot." He muttered.

"Samuel Pau-" I was cut off when I was tackled to the side.

I opened my eyes and saw Sam on top of me. Thrashing around I screamed "Get off of me you big oaf!"

He stuck his tongue out and replied "Not until you promise to never say my full name again."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Fine. I promise."

With that he slowly rolled off of me. I sprang to my feet and started chanting. "Samuel Paul Dunlap! Samuel Paul Dunlap! Samue-".

This time I was thrown over his shoulder. I screamed and laughed as he ran towards the pond behind my house.

"No! Sammy! Please, I'm sorry!"

"Nope I warned you. Now I'm gonna throw you in the lake." Before we made it halfway there Sam was tackled out from under me.