Chapter thirteen

Chapter 13

Carter's POV

"Callie! Bella! Don't! There are still rouges!" I shouted as they continued running away.

Jack and I stared at the woods for a minute before springing into action. Jack jumped up and shifted while I lunged forward, neither of us missing a beat.

"Hurry we have to catch them!" Jack said urgently through our mind-link. We had lost their scent and were lost until we heard Bella's happy howl following what sounded like an animal dying.

Jack and I heaved a sigh of relief and started trotting in that direction until we heard Bella's howl for help. I started before Jack. If Bella was in trouble, so was Callie.

Plus, Bella was my Luna and I couldn't let her get hurt. Jack pulled ahead of me as we ran. I was just on his tail.

We pushed our legs harder. We saw Bella in front of four wolves when we heard Bella howl again, obviously unaware that we were present. I couldn't find Callie, this sent my wolf and me into a frenzy. We had to find her. Now!

Suddenly a head popped up behind Bella's back and looked around frantically until she saw me. Callie froze and stared at me. She shook her head and leaned down to whisper in Bella's ear.

Jack had begun creeping up on the wolves when two jumped towards Bella. Growls came from Jack and me. The other two wolves spun around and blocked us from the fight.

We were much bigger than them. Bella, however was not. Jack charged the first and I followed. He lunged at the first wolf and bit into his shoulder.

The wolf yelped and I turned my attention towards the wolf coming towards me. I ducked and pinned him to the ground just as Jack finished his wolf.

Jack ran towards Bella and I killed the wolf under me. I dragged the other wolf off of Bella.

"Don't kill him. I want to question him." Jacks alpha voice rang through my head. I kept the wolf pinned while Jack killed the other.

More paws came thundering towards us but it wasn't alarming since it was only our pack members. They would take care of this wolf I thought as I managed to knock him out.

I left him and loped up to Cassie. Bella and Jack were checking each other for injuries.

I smelled Callie all over while she stared at me. Callie grabbed my fur and pulled me closer. My wolf loved the feeling of her chest against us but I shoved those thoughts away.

She needed comfort and I was more than willing to give it to her. I nudged her to hold me tighter using my wolf head.

She was breathing heavily and I could tell she was on the verge of tears. I pulled back and licked her face. Squealing she tried to shove me away, I kept licking her until a bark halted us. I licked her once more before looking up slowly.

Jack and Bella both had their heads cocked at us. They watched us with amusement. I glanced down and Callie to see her blushing

I yipped at her and hopped off. Pack members had take the bodies and unconscious wolf elsewhere.

This time it was Bella who barked as she turned to retrieve a pile of clothes and shifted behind a tree.

When she came back she ran towards Callie. My wolf was on high alert. I stepped in between the two and growled lowly at Bella. I lowered my head to show I wouldn't attack if she wasn't a threat to my mate.

My wolf had taken over most of me now and although we recognized our Luna we would always stand by our mate first.

Jack barreled into me, knocking me over and pinned me. I tried to kick him off of me. All my I could concentrate on was what my wolf was chanting. "Mate! Mate!"