Chapter seven

Chapter 7

"You've never ridden a horse before?" I asked in disbelief.

"Nope." He answered like it was obvious.

"Oh my god. You're insane."

It had been about a week and half since I first met Carter. He hasn't left my side once.

We eat together, we work together, we sleep together but I cut the line at showering together.

"Hey Carter, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure. What do you need?"

"The brown mare I showed you should be giving birth in about two weeks and I have to move her into a different stall. Would you run into town and pick up some supplies?"

"I don't want to leave you alone Callie."

"Oh come on. I've been on my own for like five years what's the worst that could happen?"

"Callie I don't think it's a good idea."

"Please? I'll....I'll make extra bacon in the morning!!"

He sighed, "Fine, I'll go."

"Yes! Thanks Carter."

It took me twenty minutes to make a list and give him directions. I waved as he pulled my pickup out of the driveway.

I clapped my hands and whistled. Mouse and Jessie came running up.

"Let's get started."

After playing tug-a-war with Mouse, fetch with Jessie and moving the mare, I was finally done.

Carter wasn't back so I figured I'd make a nicer dinner tonight for us. I had just put the steak on the grill when tire tracks pulled up hastily.

Not dwelling on it I went to open the door for Carter. I smiled brightly when I opened the door but my smile quickly turned into a frown. My eyes filled with fear and tried to close the door.

He stuck is foot in the door and pushed it back open, making me stumble backwards.

"Baby, don't be like that." He slurred. He was extremely wasted.

"T-Trent. Y-you need t-to
leav-ve." I stuttered in fear.

"But baby, you kicked me out last time I came over." He pulled me further into the house while I struggled against him.

"You do remember what happens when you kick me out. Right?"

"Y-Yes Trent." SLAP!

"Call me sir."

"Y-Yes s-sir."

He froze when he saw the plates set up for dinner with Carter. He looked around and turned to me.

"Who was here?" I could see the anger in his eyes.

"N-No one sir. I swear."

"I don't like it when you lie Callie. I think you need to be punished." He smirked evilly.

My eyes widen and I tried to scramble away. He grabbed my hair and yanked me up cause me to yelp. My mind was going a thousand miles an hour.

I wanted him to stop. I didn't want this to happen again. I told myself it wouldn't happen again the last time.

He pulled me up so that I was level with his eyes. He pressed his lips to my neck and started sucking. He bit my neck violently. I whimpered and had to keep myself from throwing up.

I did something I never do. I asked for help.

"Help! Please, help!"

He pulled away from me dropped me to the floor. He picked his leg up and kicked me in the ribs.

I groaned and tried to roll away.

"Carter!" I shouted the only name I could think of.

"Carter help me!"

"Shut up!" Trent shouted and put his hands on his head.

I obeyed his command. Watching him with wide eyes. He surveyed our surroundings.

Then he smiled wickedly to himself. He picked up a ceramic plate and turned to me.

I gasp and tried to get up.

"Trent-t. P-Please."

"You lying, cheating whore." With that he smashed the plate into my side and grabbed the glass cups. He threw the cups into my back. I could feel the glass dig into my skin.

I knew that no-one would help me. Mouse and Jessie were deathly afraid of Trent and all the other animals were oblivious.

I screamed when he slammed his fists into my face and stomach. He started kicking me.

"Worthless"

kick

"Slut"

kick

"Ugly"

kick

"Stupid"

kick

"Useless"

He went to kick me again when a voice interrupted him.

"Callie I'm back. Who's car is outside?"

I prayed for Carter to leave. I didn't want him to be hurt.

Trent looked at me and whispered.

"Is this the pr*ck you're cheating on me with?"

I stared at the door. He took my answer as a yes and kicked me in the stomach again. I cried out.

"Callie?!"

The door flung open to reveal an extremely worried Carter. I started crawling towards him.

"Baby. Where do you think you're going?"

Trent grabbed my hair and yanked me back. He picked up a steak knife from the table and held it to my neck.

"Ok lover boy." Trent slurred sarcastically. "Here's the deal. You step closer and I cut her throat."

My eyes found his. His hands were clenched and his eyes held tons of anger.

I closed my eyes. Catching Trent by surprised I threw my elbow back into his stomach.

I felt the blade slice my cheek as I scrambled behind Carter on my hands and knees. Carter lunged forward and started beating Trent.

I whimpered and pulled myself away from the scene. I grabbed my cellphone and dialed Justin's number.

I dialed in his number and waited.

"Hello?"

"Justin please. Justin I need help. Hurry please." I was in hysterics.

"Callie? I'm on my way!"

I hung up the phone and peered around the door to watch Carter pummeling Trent. Every time Trent would land a hit on Carter's face, I would wince.

They had knocked over a couple of chairs when Justin and Sam came through the already open door.

Sam instantly ran to me while Justin pulled Trent off of Carter. I let Sam cradle me. I stay there staring at Carter heave himself off of the ground.

I didn't move. I watched Carter frantically search for me and lock eyes with me when he found me. He took three huge steps and crouched down in front of Sam and me.

Surprising both myself, and him I launched myself out of Sam's arms and into Carter's. Once he steadied himself and started hugging me tightly. I did something I hadn't done in front of someone since I was nine.

I cried.