Chapter nine

Chapter 9

Carter's POV

Callie had fallen asleep on my lap and I cradled her. No one would ever hurt my mate again. Sam tried to take her from me but I growled until Justin told him to back off.

"Obviously you're going to want to take Callie back with you when you return home. Correct?"

I nodded and looked down at her face. She was so perfect, I wanted to protect her.

If it were up to me I would lock her away somewhere that only I had the key to. I knew she would kill me if I tried.

"I think she'd be safer with you." Sam spoke interrupting my thoughts. Justin and I both looked at him surprised.

"I don't know, she's my little sister. I don't want-" Justin began to protest.

Sam stopped him in the middle of the sentence "Exactly. Justin, isn't what we want. It's what she wants."

Justin glared at him but sighed in defeat.

Sam started talking again, "We want her to be happy. If she wants to go with you, then good, but if she wants to stay, she will stay." He narrowed his eyes at me. I growled back at him.

"I think she'll go." Justin said. I smiled. "If you can convince her to leave her paradise." I frowned.

"Where's her paradise?" I was confused. She had never me mentioned anything.

"You're sitting in it." Justin said.

"Her house?" I was really confused now. Her house was nice but I didn't think it was that nice.

"Oh my god you idiot! Her ranch!! She loves her ranch!" Sam yelled at me. Justin slapped him on the back of the head and said,

"Shut up, you're going to wake her up."

Sam rubbed the back of his head and muttered an apology. I rolled my eyes.

I thought about earlier. My arms tightened around her as I breathed in her scent. Vanilla and woods. I looked to Justin with my brows furrowed.

"When you yelled at Callie, you said that she told you he had left." I was confused again. I hated being out of the loop.

"Right." He ran a hand through his hair. "Trent and her had dated since they were eighteen," I growled "They were in love," I saw red and snarled. I wanted to kill Trent.

"Carter be quiet." Callie mumbled before falling asleep again.

"Sorry baby." I kissed her forehead.

"Anyways," Justing continued. "I was supervising a wolf on his first patrol when I thought I would stop by and check on Callie. I knocked on her door but no one came so I walked in. Trent had her pushed down on the bed." I growled quietly so I wouldn't wake Callie.

"I pulled him off but I was so worried about Callie that I never saw him leave. She told me later that week that he had moved. I stupidly believed her. Callie won't ever ask for help. And if she does, she really needs it." I buried my face in her hair, breathing deeply.

It was Sam's turn to talk. "Do you know what the worst part was?" When I didn't answer he continued.

"She didn't talk about, she refused. She never cried near us.

"Callie claimed that she was ok but we knew she wasn't."

Justin nodded and added, "I came by the next day to check on her before she fell asleep. She refuses to cry in front of people but I heard her crying herself to sleep that night."

I wanted nothing more than to rip Trent's throat out and watch him die.

"Where did you take Trent?" I managed to growl out. My wolf wanted to find Trent and kill him for hurting our mate.

"I had a couple of pack warriors take him to an underground dungeon made to keep rouges. He'll rot." I smiled and looked to Justin.

"Thanks." I said sincerely before kissing Callie's forehead again.