Chapter fourteen

Chapter 14

*eight days later*

Carter's POV

Callie still hadn't woken up and I was insane. I refused to go see her and my wolf was on edge. I snapped at everyone and everything.

I haven't done any pack work and Jack's frustrated. My office has more holes in it and the desk is knocked over.

I'm sitting with my head in my hands, I haven't moved for an hour. A soft knock sounded ok my door. My head sprung up, getting ready to snap at whoever came in. Bella strutted in.

I lowered my head but growled lowly.

"Carter, Callie's ok. Well, she hasn't woken, but she isn't going to die. It was an accident, Callie'll understand. The doctor said that having her mate there would help her heal. Don't you want her to heal?" Bella asked.

I growled at her. I could hear Callie screaming. This was a result of the nightmares she was having. It took everything to not go to her. I couldn't, I would only hurt her.

"I command you to go to your mate." Bella ordered me.

I had no choice now. I let out an annoyed sigh as I walked past her.

"This is unfair. You can't just pull rank."

"I know!" Bella chirped as she left me alone on my journey to my mate.

I was on full alert as another one of Callie's screams echoed through the house. I picked up my pace and flung her door open.

Pulling a chair up beside the bed, I fell back into it. I ran my hands through my hair and found myself staring at her perfect face.

I ran my fingers over her cheek and smiled when she shivered.

Her scream made my smile vanish.

"It's ok. I've got you Callie. Please." I kissed her knuckles before wrapping her one hand in the both of mine.

The screaming stopped and I let go of her hand. She screamed and I grabbed her hand again. The screaming stopped, I guess I wasn't going to be letting go of her hand.

"Carter?" I looked up at my gorgeous, confused mate.

She blinked and rubbed her eyes with the hand I wasn't holding.

"Carter, where am I?" She asked once she got used to the light.

"You're in the hospital." I said guilty.

"Why-oh." She gasped.

Pulling her hand away from mine and scooted away. I growled lowly.

"Y-You said you wouldn't hurt me." She stuttered. I blinked.

"I know. I'm sorry, Callie. I really am."

"Carter you hurt me."

I growled.

"I'm sorry god d*mn it!" I started pacing again at the end of the bed.

"Carter I'm scared,"

I growled even louder.

"I won't hurt you ever again, even if it means letting you go back to your ranch."

"No Carter. I'm scared because I still love you."

I froze.

"What?" I stupidly asked.

"I-I still love you."

Walking up to her I pulled her into me and hugged her.

"God Callie. I love you so much."

Her heart was beating too fast. Something was wrong.