(7)

3rd person view:
31st of July xxxx (15 years old)

Some hours after the twins left the Komori's came over. They could already tell what this was about. They would probably check if Motoya had contacted his soulmate. The worst thing was that he contacted them. His soulmate wrote him something and he answered. He was too happy to realise that he was probably going to become a ear full from his parents. Motoya was waiting for that moment all his life, the idea of letting that moment drop was not on his mind.

And it came as they expected, they looked Motoya's whole body and well, of course they found it. Motoya was already getting his ear full when Rintarou snapped.

R-"Could you just shut up please?"

Mr.K-"How do think you're talking to us?"

R-"I talk to you like I'm talking. But let him live. You turned 16 too, and you got together through writing with that option. So calm your guts and let him live too."

Mr.K-"I don't like your tone."

R-"Well at least we have something in common, I don't like yours towards Motoya either."

Mrs.K-"Rintarou hun-"

R-"Don't 'Rintarou hun' me now. Not in the mood for that."

Mrs.K-"You have to understand that we're just worried about you three!"

R-"Do you think Hoshi-nee would like the fact that you're tearing us away from our soulmates? Do you think Hoshi-nee would like us to live in fear? Even if she's dead she would never want that!"

Mrs.K-"Don't talk about my niece's death like that!"

R-"Your niece? She's my fucking sister!"

Mrs.K-"..."

R-"I woke up crying because of her this night! I have had nightmares because of it half of my life! And still I'm not scared! Just because she's unlucky doesn't mean that we have to be too! This may sounds selfish but still!"

Mrs.K-"Your mother would not be proud if she heard that you are talking like that!"

M-"And I'm not proud to be raised in this family!"

Mrs.K-"M-Motoya."

M-"We're allowed to do everything but that what everyone wants. Love. I just want to love and I want to be loved! Why won't you a-allow me to-to do that?"
He had tears in his eyes. It made him really sad that everyone could but him and his cousins not.

Mrs.K-"Motoya please don't cry."

K-"I think it's better if you leave now, aunty."

Mr.K-"Why would we leave? And who are you to tell-"

Mrs.K-"Let's just go. I need time to think."

They left the house and went to their own. Mr. Komori tried to calm his wife down but she went out of his way.

Mrs.K-"Please let me alone for a while. I need time to proceed this."

With that she just locked her in their bedroom. She was the one crying now. All she wanted was to protect her little sister from going through that again. Mrs. Suna lost her daughter Hoshi because the parents of her soulmate were psychopaths and just wanted to torture people. She knew exactly what the boys were feeling now.

They were like siblings and wanted the others to be safe. Only now, after 7 years, she realised what they all did to their sons and that they were hurt by it. Of course she also wanted to prevent herself from going through something like her sister but her priority was that none of her siblings has to go through it. Or even more important, she didn't want her son and nephews to go through that again.

Mr. Komori on the other hand was just doing this so his son didn't get hurt. He was worried about the others too but the most important thing was that his son would stay alive. His wife knew that. It was obvious. She thought his behaviour was selfish.

The three boys were standing there hugging, trying to calm Motoya down. Even Kiyoomi joined in, everyone could tell that he was worried if Kiyoomi joined a hug or anything that has to do with body contact. He didn't even think about it for too long. Priority, his cousins, not himself. He knew that the other two most likely weren't in the mood to do anything.

K-"Go sit down on the couch. I'll get us some snacks. Movie time."

There weren't many times Kiyoomi was like this. It only happened when one of them was really down. The problem, as soon as one of them was down the other one would be too. Kiyoomi wasn't down often, he wouldn't even get in the situation since he didn't talk much anyway.

Even if it doesn't seem like him at all he was very overprotective over his cousins. And he's the youngest. Every time someone tried to make his cousins feel down he would look at them as if he was saying 'hurt him and I'll snap your head in half'.

*cough cough* He got the snacks and sat down beside them. They were cuddling under a thin blanket. Let's just say they were clingy if the other one feels down, and as soon as one feels down the other one does too. That's how cuddling happens in that house. It was for comfort.

K-"Here, I got you two big babies your favourites. Jelly sticks and pockys. Don't eat to fast."

He really felt like a baby sitter sometimes but they were his cousins and he cared for them more than anything, in other words, it was fine. The two gladly took their favourite snacks out of his hand and waited for Kiyoomi to pick a movie. The movie started and they were back to normal soon. They just paused at every funny scene and made weird comments. Their black haired cousin was used to it by now, he didn't even give a shit anymore. When the movie ended Rintarou had a great idea.

R-"Let's play Mario Kart."

M-"Sure, I'll destroy you."

K-"Excuse me? Who is the one who always wins the Rainbow Roads? Me."

R&M-"Who said we're going to play Rainbow Roads?"

M-"Crossing Cup!"

R-"Nope, Egg Cup."

K-"Special-"

M&R-"No!"

K-"Okay, okay I understand, no Rainbow Road."

They just played both cups 'cause why not? Rintarou won both and guess what, Motoya was mad. It sure was weird how fast they changed their mood but as long as their fine Kiyoomi didn't care. Caring cousin, check.

If they knew how much Motoya's mother was crying and regretting her decisions they probably wouldn't have had so much fun without being worried.

———————————————————

1120 words
Sorry about the Mario Kart part. I got addicted again...