Chapter 7 (3/3)

Terres and Meru's actions were bringing some attention but the undisputed center of the attention was the hostess of the party, Horianna.

While blushing cutely she was entertaining the crowd of admirers surrounding her. 

Of course she spotted the pair and barely held back the smile – they already seem to be quarreling even though she had yet to do anything.

What a splendid course of action.

"Miss, we all heard about how amazing you are with ballet. Would you be willing to grace us with a performance?"

One of her most hardcore admirers asked loudly, just as she instructed him beforehand, and others applauded the proposition.

"Oh! I wouldn't dare! I'm not that good anyway..."

She said with false modesty and glanced to the side to check if Meru noticed.

Her not being good was a complete lie, she was a true prodigy, her performance could captivate even monarchs of each and every country ever since she was twelve.

Horianna plan was simple, since even kings couldn't tear their eyes off of her while she danced, wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable to assume that a young man such as Meru would have no choice but to fall for her?

Of course she expected Terres to get mad jealous and expose his ugly side, that Horianna had no doubt the pipsqueak had, and made Meru leave him.

...Although having the meek boy fall for her too wouldn't be so bad either, he was incredibly cute after all...

Well... not as cute as me though!

Horianna thought to herself forcing down a cheeky smile.

"Miss Horianna, please!"

The audience was making enough noise for everyone else in the tearoom to take notice and look at her with curiosity.

"Ah, well, if you all want me to dance that much..."

The girl fidgeted shyly and finally agreed.

She 'just so happened' to wear a clothes that were perfectly suited for ballet too...

What a coincidence...

Louds gasps of awe and adoration came from the other part of the room made Meru took his eyes off of Terres to see what's the deal is.

As he moved his head Terres's reaction was quite funny.

You see, the delicate boy was doing his best to completely ignore his black-haired friend but as soon as Meru looked away from him, Terres flinched and made a panicked expression.

"...!"

Terres opened and closed his mouth but Meru was tilting his head and frowning wondering what's the big deal about the host of the party spontanously starting to dance all on her own.

Terres bit his lip and clenched his fists.

He took one glance at the dancing girl and let out extremly annoyed sigh.

The alcohol that he drank for the first time clouded his judgement and pushed him to do something that he wouldn't even consider doing in public otherwise.

He put his feet back on the floor and stood up so agressively that his chair almost fell over.

That alone was enough to make Meru look back at him but it wasn't enough for Terres.