Epilogue

Everything was dark.

There was nothing there except the sticky heavy darkness.

An endless void...

Where... where am I...?

He thought to himself.

I... I died...? Again...? Or...

No answer came from the uncaring emptiness.

So... this is the e...

"Argh...! Damn it? Where did I go wrong?!"

A voice filled with disappointment shredded through the nothingness and forcefully pulled him from the ocean of unconsciousness.

"..."

He opened his eyes...

Everything was white...

Well, not much of a difference since he still couldn't really see a thi...

He blinked.

What he thought was just a blur of white took shape and cleared out as his eyes got used to being open again after a long time.

He...

He was staring at the hospital's ceiling.

A modern-day ceiling with bright modern-day lamps illuminating the patient's room in a hospital.

"...?"

He blinked again not understanding what was happening.

This...

This was not a sight from his life as a Terres Aboy...

It was a sight that was well known to Iku Yagami...!

Terres, no, Iku realized that he was laying in a hospital bed so he tried to get up but he couldn't.

"..."

He wanted to groan but something was blocking his mouth and making his whole throat almost unbearably uncomfortable.

He sighed through his nose and tried to adjust his head at least a little bit.

"Geez, senior...! You saw that?! It was going so well but then it threw me down the bad end hole!"

A hot-blooded shorty with unruly reddish-brown and sparkling stood up from the chair beside Iku's bed and was pointing at the TV screen that was showing a black and white screen with big gross letters spelling BAD END in English.

Even though the lively boy was speaking to Iku, his eyes were closed since he was making a comically upset face while complaining so he didn't notice that his senior was actually awake.

"Geez! And I thought that it was going so well too! Ugh! I don't like it...! It was supposed to be my ending!"

Suddenly the boy's complaints changed the focus.

"I want to be spoiled by senior just like Meru was spoiling Terres...! Why would the developers make that lead to a bad end?! Why?!"

The boy whimpered and his shoulders slumped.

"...Uuu... even in a game I can't have a happy ending with my senior...!"

He grumbled and started walking towards the door.

"Hey, senior Yagami, I'm off to buy something to drink! I'll be right back!"

The short boy exclaimed happily saluting and exited the room.

"..."

That was little Miko...!

Iku couldn't contain his surprise at the sight of his underclassman, Mikochi Tanaka.