XXXVIII

It's been three days since we're here. As the days passed Atsumu and I had less time to be together. My practices are getting gruelling and I guess him too.

I was in my break and I finally had time to visit my dear boyfriend. I sneaked to his court trying to not get attention, I know he's still playing but I just need to see his face. He looked stressed, I know that's he's smiling but I can differentiate his true smile from his fake one. I quietly watched their game hoping it could end before my break ending.

When their coach whistled, I waved to him and he ran in my direction as always and hugged me, but it's not like used to do: a soft and caring hug, it's something urged like he needs me to calm him down, I pat his back

"I know, I missed you too babe" I distanced my face to look at his eyes "everything is going to be all right, you're amazing" I let him go, to kiss his hands, I know he calms down when I do it

"It's incredible that I just need to hear your voice that I'm not stressed anymore" I giggled

"What do you think to visit my room today after practice? You can sleep with me if you want" he happily nodded, unfortunately, my break ended and I had to come back to my court, he quickly peck my cheek before I left.

I know I invited him because I want to cheer him up but I also... miss him so much, I don't know when I started to need his presence like this but now I need an idiot blonde to follow me everywhere I go, and if I don't have this I feel alone.

I don't know how but I could keep my focus during my train, my relationship with my teammates is good, mainly with my setter. All of them have good patience and incredible abilities, otherwise wouldn't be here.

Another thing is: my coach is the opposite of my father, instead of constantly saying how powerless and untalented I'm, he tells me I'm doing a going job and one day I would represent Japan at the Olympics. That makes me truly happy and comfortable to come back to playing volleyball.

When my practice ended I said goodbye and ran to meet my boyfriend, he was still playing less concerned than before but still. When he finished his game and took a shower we went to the canteen, I surprised him with his favourite food that I ordered earlier

"You're the best girlfriend in the universe" he happily smiled and eat his food, even if is his favourite he ate quickly for us to go to my room. When we arrived I laid in my bed and he followed me laying between my legs and resting his head on my belly, we stayed in silence for minutes while I run my fingers in his hair, it's not usual for him so Atsumu must be really bothered by something.

"Do you mind telling me what's wrong with you? I can see you're sad babe" I thought he wouldn't want to tell me what's he was think me he started to speak

"Our training is gruelling... and sometimes I start to doubt myself thinking about 'What if Kageyama is better than me', 'Am I good enough for being here?' Or 'I deserve to be here?' And that makes me sad 'cause I don't know the answer..."

"Well, if you don't know, I do. You're the best setter in the world, I'm not telling you this because I'm your girlfriend, even when we hated each other I affirmed to you I recognize your skills. It's rude to doubt your coach's decision to invite you and if they didn't though you aren't that good then why you're here for the second time? If I was a guy I would only trust in you to be my setter, forever and you know I meant it" why it looks like I'm proposing to him? "You always say that I'm smart so you have to believe what I'm saying now"

"What I would do without you? I always remember every praise you give to me" He hugged me tight "When you said you believe in my abilities when you said I'm an amazing setter, I remember everything about you" then he buried his face on my belly, I know he's crying, I let him stay like this until he calmed down then Atsumu looked at my face again "Hey Sunnie" his voice was still weak

"Yes, Tsumu?"

"Do you like me?"

"I do, babe" he called my name again "yes, Tsumu?"

"How much do you like me?"

"A lot, like a lot, more than I ever liked anyone, TsumTsum" he called my nickname again "Yes, babe?"

"How long you'll stay with me?"

"Until my last day on Earth, darling" he called me again "Yes, babe?"

"You're the only one I want to freely talk about what I'm feeling, I don't do this even with my brother, thank you for listening to me, I like to hear you calling me by all my nicknames, I like to hear your voice and how it calms me down" I giggled "Can you sing for me until I sleep?" I agreed

◄◄ ▌▌►► 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕒 𝔻𝕖𝕝 ℝ𝕖𝕪 - 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝

"I've seen the world, done it all, had my cake now" I make him the small spoon wrapping my arm and my leg around him "you and I were forever wild, the crazy days the city lights, the way would play with me like a child" I kissed his shoulder "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? I know you will, I know that you will"

"I love when you sing just for me" I giggled and he cups my cheek "Everyone sees me as an asshole, or like a bad guy, and maybe sometimes I'm, but girl, when I'm with you I can't recognize myself, I'm a complete fool for you" he raised his chest to kiss my lips and lay back letting go of my cheek "keep going"

"The way you play for me at your show and all the ways I got to know, your pretty face and electric soul" I can feel that he's almost sleeping "Dear love when I get to heaven, please let me bring my man" I caressed my nose on his hair "All that grace, all that body, all the face makes me wanna party, He's my Sun, he makes me shine like diamonds" I sing until I noticed until he fell asleep then I sleep too.

*Next day*
I opened my eyes and I saw Atsumu looking at me with and wobbly smile

"Good morning Sunnie"

"Don't look at my while I'm sleeping, my face is awful" I tried to hide my face but he pulled me making me be on top of him "good morning Sumu"

"I don't believe that exist a way for you to be ugly, you're beautiful anyway" that makes me blush, he kiss my face a lot of times then finally kiss my mouth

"It's time to wake up, you need to come back to your room and I need to change my clothes" he hugged me pretending he didn't hear what I said "I'm serious here, we can't skip practice baby boy" I finally make him leave and get ready for another day.

When I went to the cafeteria, I heard a familiar voice, it was Tsumu talking with that girl I don't like, I leaned against the wall waiting for him

"You should stay with me, I'm prettier and better at volleyball than her, she doesn't deserve you" is she crazy? I'm to show to this bitch who is in control-

"Actually, I don't deserve her, not the opposite. She's the best girl of the world, that means she's better than you, of course, if you excuse me I'm going to meet my perfect girlfriend" he walked in my direction, he noticed me his eyes grown wide "Hikari I can explain"

"No need, I heard everything" I get closer to him with an smirk "Now, the best girl of the world is going to kiss you" I did and when I distanced he was blushing "let's go, we need to eat"

*hours later*
When I had a break, I quickly ran to Tsumu's court just to check if he's ok. I sneaked in and observed for minutes, thankfully he's playing like a silly kid again, that's the boyfriend I know. No matter how many times he needs me to remember that's he's good, I'll do it.

He noticed me, I waved and blow a kiss to him.

"Hey guys look, it's my girlfriend!" That's why I don't visit him too often.

Count of how many times Atsumu said girlfriend these days: 87, I forget to count.