17.

I closed my eyes as i listened to his footsteps fading away. With every step i heard the regret of sending him away grew. He knew i had been lying and shutting him out wouldn't work forever. I would have to tell him the truth before my dad would seriously hurt me.

Just when i was about to open the door a wave of sickness hit me. Everything that i took at the party decided to show the afermath.

"Not now." I whispered as i put my hand infront of my mouth.

"Riley is that you?" My dad yelled from the livingroom.

I quickly ran upstairs to my room. It was a close call but i made it to the toilet in time.

I slowly heard his footsteps getting close. Then they suddenly stopped. I looked and saw that he was standing in the doorway.

"Come downstairs when you're finished. I need to talk to you." He said in a strict voice.

He shut the bathroom door and walked away.

There was no time to think about what he had said because a new wave of nausea hit me.

After a few minutes had passed my stomach was completely empty. I let myself fall back against the wall, i was beyond tired. It was strange for me to get sick like this after a party. Probably the stress from the performance or something.

I stood up and brushed my teeth to get the horrible taste out my mouth. I wondered what my dad wanted to talk about.

After i had rinsed my mouth and changed my clothes, i hesitantly walked downstairs.

He was sitting outside on the edge of our terrace which was an usual spot for him.

I sat down next to him and waited for him to speak.

"Want one?" He said as he offered me a cigarette.

I accepted that offer.

He leanee forward, cupped his hands infront of my face and lit the cigarette. I always hated when he came so close to my face.

After another minute of complete silence, i got annoyed. I was extremely tired and didn't have time for this.

"What did you want to talk about?" I aksed calmly.

He took a long drag from his cigarette and slowy exhaled the smoke. "I'd figured that you would forget. Afterall you're not very smart."

My hand formed a fist so tight that it turned white. That fucking asshole was asking for it.

I forcefully lauged at his comment. "Yeah indeed, i keep forgetting a lof his things."

His face remained serious as looked infront of him. "You remind me of myself when i was younger."

I let my fist relaxed as i looked at him. Why would he say that?

"Always trying to show another side of yourself to others just to please them."

He looked at me with a smile on his face. "And of course i can't forget about your temper. God I'm so proud of you that you turned out like me and not your mom."

That was the last straw.

I stood up with my heart racing. "I'm nothing like you and never will be! You're an monster! You hurt mom and now you're hurting me!" I yelled angry at him.

He calmly trew his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

"That's no way to speak to your father."

"I wish you never where my dad!" I said with tears in my eyes.

He stood up and put his hand around my throat. He pulled me closer to his face.