4.

"Good evening my cockroach." I said to Andy as i approached him.

He smiled and stood up. "Good evening to you raccoon."

Andy and i had given each other nicknames because we both hated our real names. I always called Andy a cockroach beacuse he was able to survive anything. He had been in a carcrash, survived a drugoverdose and all of his other weird stunts that he did.

He called me a raccoon because i always stole his food, have dark circles under my eyes and because I'm always the most active at night.

"How's life going?" He asked me.

"My Mom got a new boyfriend."

He grabbed a cigarette out of his pocket and handed me one.

"Another douchebag?"

I shook my head. "Not really, he's a doctor."

I put the cigarette in my mouth and let him light it.

"That doesn't sound so bad. You're mom will have good money if she marries him."

"Money isn't as important as love. I just want my mom to happy."

"Why don't you just live full time with her?"

Andy was the only one who knew about my dad's temperament. My dad often didn't realise that i was just a kid and not a full grown men.

"My dad needs the company and i need the freedom. Besides he only gets mad at me like once a week or something. I'd rather make my dad mad then disappoint my mom."

He nodded understandably.

Suddenly his phone rang.

"Shit it's my step mom." He said as he grabbed his phone.

Andy's parents both sucked. They both have problems that they refuse to admit. I'm pretty that his dad is an alcoholic and his step mom is a psychotic bitch who hates him. He often came to school with bruises that he had some lame exuses for. I believed those lies until i had to tell the same ones. We became pretty close after we both realised that.

"Don't worry I'll be back in an hour. Please just to bed."

"No I'm not coming right now. I'll be back in an hour or so. Just go to hed and stop worrying about me." He said slightly angry.

"Jeus christ I'm so sick of that woman." He said as he hung up.

"What did she say?"

"That she wants my home right now and that she'll get mad if i don't. She also threatened to tell my dad like he's going ti care."

I scoffed."Your dad needs to get rid of her. She's nothing but annoying."

Andy shrugged. "Alkeast she doesn't have the anger issues my dad has."

If it's one thing ive keraned firm my firneds it that they're no such thing as a perfect family. I used to think that my family was the only broken one until i met my friends.

"Why don't you crash at my place more often. My dad doesn't hate you and neither do i."

He laughed a little when i said that. "I don't think your dad wants a cockroach in his house."

"Yeah mabye you're right. A trashpanda in his house is already bad enough."

We both laughed at that for a second.

"No but really my door is always open if it ever gets too bad." I said to him when we stopped laughing.

He looked down at the ground and nodded. "I know."