21.

I was woken up by a knock on the door. I groaned and turned around in my bed.

"Wake up sunshine." Luke said as he carefully opened the door.

"Go away." I said grumpy.

I heard him tiptoe to my bed. I turned around and looked him right into his eyes.

"You gotta wake up, it's already afternoon. Michael and you are leaving in an hour to speak with your teachers."

I rolled my eyes. "Do i really have to go?"

He nodded. "Yes you do so get up and get ready."

"Fine." I said as i sat up in bed.

Luke smiled proudly and stood up. "I have to leave for work but I'm happy that you're up and I'll see you tonight. Good luck sunshine!"

I waved at him until he shut my door behind me.

With a lot if effort i was able to drag myself to the bathroom to get ready.

I looked like an absolute mess but i had no energy to fix it. I put my knotted hair in a bun and put baggy clothes on that would hide every bruise and even my cast.

After that i greeted Socks who was still sleeping and then i went downstairs.

"I'm ready." I said grumpy to Michael when i walked into the kitchen.

"We'll leave after you've had your breakfast." He said as he put a bowl of cereal infront of me.

I stared at it. I never really ate breakfast so i wasn't at all hungry.

"You alright?" Michael asked worried.

I nodded and started eating.

"Did you shower today?" He asked.

I ignored his question because i was too embarrassed to say the real answer.

"Well let me know when you do because than I'll show you how you need to cover your cast."

"I will."

I quickly finished my breakfast and before we knew it we were on our way to my school.

I was tapping my feet while i looked out of the carwindow.

"Are you nervous?" Michael aksed pointing out the obvious.

"I'm afraid of what kind of rumours were spread about me while i was gone."

"Well I've told your school it was a carraccident so i don't think it will be that many." He said to me.

I shook my head. "It's highschool, every small thing gets twisted around. Especially when people already think you're weird."

He looked at me."Don't worry about it to much. I'm sure it's nothing that you can't handle. Besides I'm here to protect you."

He said those words so carelessly, like it wasn't a big deal but to me those words meant everything.

He parked the car infront of the school and helped me to get out. It was late in the afternoon so there weren't that many childern left in school.

"You ready?" He asked as he stepped forward.

"Yeah." I whispered as i followed him into the school.

I felt all eyes focused on me. I even saw a few people point at me and turn to whisper with their friends. I just wanted to be invisible.

"Riley!" Someone yelled from behind me.

Confused i turned around.

"I was so worried." Jade said as she hugged me.