Chapter 5

"We just see each other at weddings and funerals"

Once again, Percy found herself standing in the backyard of the Umbrella Academy, but now for different reasons.

After her chat with Five about her 'life', Diego told them that it's time for Sir Reginald Hargreeves' memorial.

The rain was pouring on their umbrellas, Diego would be soaked to the bone if it weren't for Percy's power; of course he noticed this but just sent her a quick glance before looking at the floor. Luther would've been dry too, but Percy's been in that house less than 24 hours and he already pissed her off, so, yeah, Luther doesn't have the privilege to be protected from the rain.

The kinda ape-man stood in the middle of said backyard, the others stood at the edge of it with Grace, the Hargreeves' mother.

"Did something happen?" Percy frowned at that, nobody told her? She exchanged looks with Five, who was frowning as well.

"Dad died. Remember?" Grace blinked before her face turned sad, which was smiling before

"Oh. Yes, of course"

"Is Mom ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine" Percy sighed, she knew that her mom was a great part in Diego's life too, but Grace would always be his mother, even if she's just a robot "She just needs to rest. You know, recharge"

Just then, Pogo appeared, joining the others on the kinda semicircle "Whenever your ready, dear boy"

Luther looked at the urn with Reginald's ashes, well, only half. He took the top and very slowly turned it upside down, only for the remaining ashes to pile on the floor. It took everything in Percy's power to not laugh, it was actually pretty hard "Probably would have been better with some wind" He looked at Percy, hoping she would help, but, to his horror, she was having none of it.

"Nope, sorry sir, but nope. If you've forgotten, I can make people get dry with just one touch" Luther just noticed that her hand was on Diego's shoulder, and that not one single drop touched him "Your soaking wet 'cause you deserve it, so nope, no helping you now" Luther would be lying if he said he wasn't scared for his life with just one look a Percy's glare. Allison sighed.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Silence "Very well" Poor Pogo, Percy thought "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend and I shall miss him very much" Now Percy really felt sorry for the ape, she never really thought about his feelings. That they hated the man, doesn't mean that everyone did. "He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster"

"Diego" He just shrugged her hand from his shoulder and keep talking

"He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him"

"Diego"

"And here we go, gods give me patience" Percy muttered, first looking at her shoes then at the sky. Nobody heard her, of course.

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom and Sally to do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Maybe she was trying to lighten the mood or it was just her programming, but Percy was grateful no matter what.

"No, it's okay, Mom"

"Oh, okay" Now, Percy would be lying if she said that she wasn't starting to become a little creep out with Grace's smile.

"Look, you wanna pay your respects?" He's walking, that's not good, Percy thought "Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was"

"You should stop talking now"

"You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One"

"I am warning you" This is why, sometimes, just sometimes, Percy hates men. I mean, how could you not?

"After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a millions miles away"

"Diego, stop talking" Almost there

"That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Cue the picking in the chest and then, finally, the fight

"Boys, stop this at once!"

Percy zoned out after that, just looking around at the walls and everything. It wasn't until she heard Five said "We don't have time for this" That she took notice of her surroundings and the situation at hand. Her eyes opened wide when she realized something.

She took a step forward and pushed her hands in front of her, then turned them so the backs of her hands were facing each other, separated them and then up, the boys following the moves of her hands, one each, ending in both being in the air.

"So this is what I need to do to get your attention" She smirked at first but it fell in seconds "Now, you're getting too close to that statue for my liking. If something happens to it, you'll regret it, understand?" Both boys just look at her, annoyance clearly on their faces "You are stupid enough to start a fight infront of a water bender that already lost so many things in her life. What you're going to do now is end with this tantrum and get in the house after I put you down, got it?" Diego sighed in defeat and nodded, Luther just grunted "Oh, and I discovered I could control blood when we were 16, so don't push too much" With that she drop her hands, turn around and entered the house, the guys kissed the floor with a loud thud as she did so.

•-•••-••--••••