Chapter 15

"Extra Ordinary"

~5 years ago~

"My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story."

Annabeth Chase loved reading. No one, and I mean, no one could deny it.

She loved reading by the window with the sunset mendling with the Californian beaches in the background, with a good cup of coffee or tea, depending on the mood she finds herself in. So of course, when a new book is announced in her favorite bookstore, she has to buy it and read it. What happens next depends on the book itself.

Now, imagine her surprise when there's an entire chapter describing her ex-girlfriend's childhood that not even she knew about. For Zeus' sake, even Sally was in it.

Thankfully, after she finished it, she realized the Greek part of Percy's life wasn't in the book, but it still broke her heart when she read what happened to one of her best friends after Jason's death.

The first thing she did was called Piper. Why? Two simple reasons

She thought the others needed to know about it. They haven't heard about Percy in years, they were starting to get worried. With obvious reasons, of course.

She knew she needed someone to restrain her before she went and beat this Vanya herself, because there was nowhay in hell Percy knew about this.

Annabeth knew that Percy would have never cared about what was said about her. I mean yeah, forget about her trust, like she was pretty sure she would never trust you again if you did something like this. But what would really pissed the heck out of her would be that this Vanya person put Sally Jackson in danger by relating her to the Academy.

The moment Piper understood the pieces of information a really mad Annabeth told her over a phone call, she called the others and by the end of the day, there were 7 demigods in Annabeth's apartment with an Iris-message contacting the Hunters of Artemis in the kitchen sink.

After hugs were passed around and everyone had some type of drink or food, they settled in Annabeth's living room, with the IM following them. Well, Annabeth was pacing in front of her coffee table while muttering a million ways you're able to curse a person in ancient greek.

Piper McClean shared concerned looks with Hazel Levesque, while Frank Zhang, Nico diAngelo and Will Solace just looked at the daughter of wisdom in confusion. Thalia Grace and Reyna Ramirez-Arellano just looked at all of them through the IM, with their camping tent in the background, waiting to hear the reason they were called. Leo Valdez played with a little fireball between his hands and if Annabeth were in the right frame of mind, she would have yelled at him for it. But she didn't and that in itself was a red flag. In other words, someone was going to die.

"Annabeth" Piper finally said and it stopped the spew of curses. "What's going on?" Annabeth looked at her and then pointed at the single book resting on the coffee table, which no one really noticed when they first stepped into the room.

Everyone looked at each other and then at the book in confusion until Nico took it "'Extra Ordinary'?" He read the title and looked at Annabeth for clarification.

"Page 288" (A/N: I honestly don't know how many pages the book actually has but just go with it)

Nico's brows furrowed before he opened the book in said page. His onyx eyes opened wide at the title "'Number Zero: Persia Jackson'?" The moment the all so familiar name reached everyone's ears, they all looked at Nico with similar shocked and confused faces "What in Hades is this?" Piper took the book out of his hands the moment Nico turn his gaze to Annabeth, who returned her pacing the moment she heard the name again

"'Persia"Percy" Jackson. A water bender with more scars than anyone in the family. She was born October 1st, 1989, just like the rest of us. The only difference, our father never adopted her. Her mother, Sally Jackson, loved her too much to let her go just for the heck of money, so, as far as my knowledge goes, they made a deal. Percy would start her training with my father the moment she turned the tender age of 5 and return to her mother's arms every summer. Why someone would let their child go through that kind of training is beyond me but I got nothing against Sally. We loved her; apart from our robotic mother "Grace", she was the closest thing we have to a loving parent.'"

"Did you say 'robotic mother'?"

"Seriously? That's what you got from all of that?"

"What do you want me to say? Even Chiron realized she was trained before she came to camp?"

Annabeth stopped her passing at that. It made so much sense now. Percy was never able to make plans with them unless summer break started. She shook her head and turned to Piper "Page 292"

"'I'm not going to say that Percy was the cause of Ben's death, but it was a major factor. When Number Five disappeared when we were 13 years old, it affected us, Percy more than anyone else. Percy told me that Five's disappearance reminded her that we were not invincible, that we could vanish, or worse, die in a matter of minutes. I should've listened to her. because when we were 16, Percy vanished from existence, literally. The next morning there was not a trace of her, even her bed was still made. We called her mom after, she wasn't there either. That was the last strike. After that every member of Umbrella Academy became reckless, they didn't rely on each other anymore and became careless. That's when Ben died' Holy Styx..." Was the only thing said between the demigods

"Does Percy know about this?" Nico moved his gaze from the damned book to Annabeth, who immediately shook her head

"I don't think so. When she's around libraries, she gets a headache so she avoids them. Unless they have books in english or latin"

Frank had a frown on his face before he looked at the others "Should we tell her?"

Annabeth's stormy gray eyes looked glassy for a moment before she muttered "Page 295, second paragraph"

"'That day, I thought we had lost Percy for good. It was a normal summer day in 2010 when I received a call from Diego. Now, you would think that since he is my brother, a call from him shouldn't have been that surprising, but, the thing was, we haven't spoken to each other in years. Something was wrong. And I was right. When I reached Percy's apartment, I was met with an unmoving Percy with Klaus and Diego cleaning the empty alcohol bottles scattered around the apartment. When everything sinked in, I asked my brothers what happened. They had no idea, just that Klaus got worried when she didn't answer for their monthly check up between each other. They also told me that they need someone to help them clean her and that's what they call me. So, we did that. Percy didn't react at all-'"

"Wait a minute. Wasn't the summer of 2010 when Jason...?" Everyone's eyes widened at the realization. And then the gilt sank in. They all notice, they notice at the funeral that Percy wasn't ok. They knew her enough to know when she was putting a strong facade for everyone to see... And yet, they didn't do anything... They let her walk away like that and now they were reading the concuenses of it

Someone gave them the award of worst friends on earth, they deserved for believing a fake smile 

Hi everyone!!  So this is just... I don't even know.

On another note, I'm officially a college student!! My first semester starts next monday, wich means that I won't be able to write as much as I would like.  

Anyway, this is it for now. Stay safe!!

And wish me luck!!