Chapter 7

"We just see each other at weddings and funerals"

"Where's Vanya?"

Allison's voice made Percy look at her, her hand still playing with her beaded necklace from camp while Five kept looking for coffee.

"Oh, she's gone"

"That's unfortunate"

"Yeah" Percy snorted

"I'm pretty sure you both aren't talking 'bout the same thing" She said while drinking the last sip of water from the glass in her hand before standing from the chair.

"An entire square block." Started Five while looking at the empty coffee press in his hand "Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee" He left the coffee press before looking at Allison, as if that was the most unbelievable thing, which, in Percy's opinion, was.

"Dad hated caffeine"

"Was there anything that he didn't hate?" Percy gives the three siblings a lopsided grin.

"Yeah, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us" Klaus agreed with Percy with a short awkward laugh, which made Percy laugh with him.

"I'm taking the car" Five rounded the table to the side were Percy was sitting on moments before "Percy, you're coming with me"

"Wait, what?"

"Where are you going?" Klaus sat properly while asking this, making Percy notice the electric guitar for the first time. Don't blame her, it's been a long day.

"To get a decent cup of coffee" That made Percy whooped a little

"I'm in, but, with a donut" Five rolled his eyes but nodded anyway

"Do you even know how to drive?"

"I know how to do everything" With that he took Percy's arm and teleported them outside

"Ok, I'm definitely driving. It's been a long day and I'm not going to explain why a 13 year old kid is driving in the middle of the night" Percy took the car keys out of Five's hand and made her way to the driver's side. Five groaned in annoyance but hop on the passenger's side, slamming the door in the process

"Where to?" Percy looked to her right but with just one look, she new "Griddy's it is"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's incredible how just one simple place can bring so many memories. Like, for example, a park can take you to that first date, or how a sidewalk can take you back to that time you went to the movies with your friends or even a building you've never been inside but you walked past while talking about a movie you saw with your siblings.

Indeed, it's incredible.

Just like it's incredible how memories came crashing down the moment Percy walked through the glass door of Griddy's doughnuts. Percy took a moment to look at everything and the fact that, even if she hadn't been there in years, everything was exactly the same. The sound of a bell ringing brought her back to reality and she took a seat beside Five just as man walked in, taking the spot on Five's other side.

The sound of dishes made Percy look at the doors that she assumed lead to the kitchens, when a familiar blonde woman came out.

"Sorry, sink was clogged" The woman, Agnes, chuckled before turning to the man from before, taking a notepad and a pen in the process "So, what'll it be?"

"Uh, give me a chocolate éclair"

"Mm-hmm. Sure" She wrote the order before turning to Percy "For you, miss?" Percy smiled at the kind woman. She was just as she remembered.