NINE

"Christina? What did he say?" Corbyn sighed.

"Nothing. He just said that he wasn't sure if you guys were still dating or not. You just hadn't mentioned her to me..." Why was this bothering me so much? I shouldn't care if he had a girlfriend or not. We were just friends. I had all of the drama with Zach going on. I really didn't need anymore.

"I never mentioned her because there's nothing to mention. I broke up with her when we moved away. I didn't want to have a long distance relationship. I think she's a great girl, but not for me." He looked very serious while telling me this.

"Oh okay. I understand." I smiled and picked up some sour patch kids.

"Ready to watch the movie now?" He smiled back at me.

"Yes. But can you promise me something?"

"Yeah sure!"

"Don't kill Jordan. I don't think he was trying to get you in trouble."

"Ugh. Fine. I promise." He smiled and scooted closer to me. I laid my head on his shoulder once he pressed play on the movie. I don't even remember falling asleep.

I woke up to a light in my face.

"What the heck?" I raised my head and saw Corbyn's brother laughing at his phone. I looked down and realized I had fallen asleep and was now laying on top of Corbyn. Oops.

"Sorry didn't mean to wake you guys. You're just too cute."

"We are just friends." I yawned and Corbyn rolled towards me. Still asleep.

"This picture says otherwise." He turned his phone towards me and I saw that he was uploading it to Instagram.

"You wouldn't." I eyed him.

"Oh I so would." He chuckled and hit post. I gasped and he laughed a little.

"Lighten up. What's the worst that could happen."

I rolled my eyes. "You're like the typical little brother. Aren't you?" I yawned again.

"Well, of course." He laughed and walked out of the room. He closed the door loud and it caused Corbyn to wake up.

"Sorry did I fall asleep?" He stretched and looked at his phone.

"Yeah but it's okay. I did too." He looked so cute with his sleepy eyes and bed head. Wait. Macy stop that. You're just friends. He picked up his phone and looked at it. "Well, it's 4 am. You might as well stay here and ride with me to practice in 3 hours." He smirked.

"Was that your plan all along??" I laughed and hit him with a pillow.

"No, but I'm definitely not complaining." I rolled my eyes and smiled. "You're such a dork. Let's go back to sleep." I laid down and pulled the cover back over me. "Oh by the way. Make sure you check Instagram in the morning."

"Do I even want to know?" He sighed.

"Probably not." I laughed and we both slowly drifted back to sleep.

We woke up and got ready. Corbyn let me borrow a T-shirt and I wore the same shorts that I had wore yesterday.

Luckily, his brother was still asleep when we got ready to leave. Corbyn was so mad when he saw the picture his brother posted of us. I told him not to worry because I wasn't mad. It's not like I had anything to lose.

We got to the school before everyone else and Corbyn helped me set up my table and binders.

"Do you want to go get lunch today?" He asked while unfolding the legs to my table.

"Honestly, I should probably go home and shower." I laughed. "But I can make us lunch there if you want?" I offered. I'm not really sure why, but I liked having him around.

"That sounds great!" He smiled at me. He was standing closer than I remembered when I looked up from my binders, I felt like gravity was pulling us closer and closer.

"Hey Macy can I talk.... what the hell?" We both jumped and I immediately pulled away. I turned to see Zach standing there looking at us.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Zach?"

"I really want to talk to you. To explain.. who's shirt are you wearing?" He seemed all frazzled.

"There's nothing to talk about. Kay said enough. Thanks." I turned away and he grabbed my hand

"Please." Corbyn looked like he was ready to pounce.

"Zach. Just leave me alone. Okay? You lied. You ruined it. Now just drop it." I yanked my hand away and walked towards the school.

I was thankful that Corbyn didn't follow. I needed just a few minutes of peace. Practice didn't start for another 30 minutes. So I went to the only place I knew I could hide. The library...