FOURTEEN

It was the first day of school. I grabbed some black jeans and a denim jacket and quickly threw it on. I overslept so I threw my hair up in a high pony.

I kissed my dad on the cheek, he was about to leave again for two weeks, and I rushed out the door. To my surprise Corbyn was sitting outside on the hood of his vehicle with 2 cups of coffee.

"What are you doing here?" I smiled.

"Well, I thought I'd surprise you and drive you to school. And I brought you some coffee." I walked towards him and took the coffee. It smelled amazing. I peeked passed him. "I thought Becca was going to pick me up today."

"I called her and asked if I could surprise you." He smiled and I blushed.

"You're literally the sweetest!" I kissed his cheek. We both walked to the passenger side and he opened the door for me to get it.

"I do my best!" He winked and closed the door once I was in.

I felt like everyone's eyes were on me when I walked into the school holding Corbyn's hand. He squeezed my hand and gave me a smile. He could tell I was nervous.

"You excited for your first day?" I asked once we reached my locker.

"As excited as I can be." He chuckled. "I feel like I've been here a while since I've been trying out for football."

"Yeah, you'll fit it great." I put a few things in my locker and closed it. "I wish we had moreclasses together." I pouted.

"It's okay. I'll see you in English." He smiled as we walked down the hall. I could feel eyes on me. I looked up and Zach was looking at us. When our eyes met he immediately looked away and slammed his locker closed. Which surprisingly made me sad. I hated that he was hurt, but he is the one that lied and hurt me.

"Okay beautiful. I'll see you soon." Corbyn twirled me around and kissed my hand before we parted ways. I saw someone coming, running at me once I turned down the hall.

"Ahh Becca! Why are you running?"

"I don't know." She laughed.

"Ready for first period?" I laughed and asked her.

"Absolutely not. Who ever put math as our first class of the day absolutely hated us." Shesighed.

"Let's go." We locked arms and made our way to math.

After Math I had Biology. Unfortunately, I didn't have that class with Becca or Corbyn. I walked in expecting not to know anyone. But of course as fate would have it I did recognize one person. And the only empty seat was right next to them.

"Oh hey Macy."

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked Zach nervously.

"No of course not."

"Thanks." I smiled meekly and sat down.

"Look, I've been trying to talk to you for a while now. And I know you don't owe me anything, but I do want to say that I am truly sorry for everything. Things didn't happen exactly the way Kay said. I did lie to you in the beginning, but the more time I spent with you I really started to like you. That's why I ended things with Kay. She got mad and decided to tell everyone that she broke up with me. I'm really sorry Macy. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I needed you to know all of that." Holy shit.

"Oh.. okay.. thanks for telling me." If Zach hadn't been looking at me I could have literally face palmed myself, but I didn't know what else to say at that moment.

"I hope one day you can trust me again."

"Zach.. you should..." I was cut off when the teacher walked in.

"Alright everyone. Get your pencils and notebooks ready. I'm Mrs. Brooks and I'll be your biology teacher this year."

a/n: oop also give me some ideas for what you want to happen :)