ONE

Today was the day that football tryouts started. I made my way to the field to help coach start setting up while Zach kept making out with Kay...

At noon coach started roll call. Zach came running up in the middle.

"You're late Herron." Coach said.

"Sorry coach." he looked over at me and winked. No one seemed to notice.

"Go run laps. I'll tell you when to stop." Coach continued calling the rest of the names. "Okay, raise your hand if I didn't call your name."

A blond haired boy and two others raised their hands. I'd never seen the blond before, must be new.

"You. What's you name and your reason for showing up without signing up?" Coach pointed at the unfamiliar boy.

"I'm Corbyn Besson. I just moved here. The school said to just show up." His eyes drifted towards me. I looked away.

"Hmf, okay. What position do you play?"

"Quarterback sir." Everyone scoffed. That's Zach's position.

"I see. Looks like Herron might have some competition this year." he mumbled. "Okay anyone who didn't sign up get you waivers to Miss Williams as soon as you can. She's my right hand this year. If you need anything go through her. Got it?"

"Got it!" everyone echoed. I turned towards the table organizing binders and I could feel someone looking at me. I turned to meet his gaze. Turns out it was none other than Corbyn Besson.

a/n: this is SUCH a short chapter i'm so sorry