SIX

Practice went by super fast tonight. He had the guys running and doing all kinds of drills. Two boys walked off the field today. Coach wasn't surprised. They were the boys with the lowest stats.

Before practice ended, Coach called everyone over and explained that tomorrow he has was going to make final decisions on the captain. He would announce it Friday. Zach looked over at me and winked. We both knew he had it in the bag. He pretty much knew he would be captain from when he was on the JV team.

Everyone went back to the school and started heading home. This time Corbyn didn't even bother to say bye to me, which was odd. I don't think he'd missed a chance to say hi or bye to me since we met.

"Ready to go?" Zach asked with a cheesy grin on his face.

"Ready." I smiled.

Zach drove us to what looked like a field.

"Where are we?" I asked curiously.

"It's the back of my family's property. Come on!" he said opening his door. I got out and followed behind him.

My mouth fell open when he walked me up to a little tent covered in twinkle lights. It was perfect!

"Oh my gosh! Zach this is amazing!" I gushed.

"You like it?" I looked back at him and his cheeks were red.

"Zach, I love it! It's perfect!" I hugged him.

"I know we have some stuff to talk about, but I thought we could do it under the stars." He smiled and grabbed my hand. We walked over to the tent and he pulled out some blankets so we could lay down and look at the sky.

"I thought Jonah was having something for the team tonight..." I asked once we got settled in.

"He does. I just felt like this mattered more." Amy heart started racing. He actually skipped hanging out with his friends for me.

"Really?!" I whispered.

"Really." He kissed my head. I snuggled closer to him. "Thank you for coming tonight."
"Of course. Plus you wanted to talk..."

"Yeah... look I know I haven't been the best to you, and I'm really sorry for that. I just have all these goals and I really thought my plan would work. I know it's been hard in you but you've been great." He started explaining. I nodded my head i his chest. "So I ended things with Kay.."

"You did what!!" I jumped up. "But what about your plan?"

"I'll figure it out. I don't wanna not be with you because of some stupid plan." He was still staring at the stars.

"Oh Zach!" I laid back on his chest. "That's the sweetest thing you've ever said."

He kissed my head again and I looked up at him. Then he kissed my lips. Oh how much I missed him. His touch felt amazing.

We laid there for a long time cuddling and staring at the stars. About an hour later Zach drove me home. He kissed me goodnight and I went inside.

I had been so happy he said everything I'd so desperately been wanting to hear, but it didn't feel how I thought it was going to...

a/n: Tysm for the votes and reads!! Hope you have a great day/night <3