FIVE

Luckily the coach got there and started calling role, interrupting our conversation. Both boys walked away leaving me with my binders.

Holy shit. Did Corbyn just tell Zach he was interested in me? I didn't really know what to think about that. Zach was my boyfriend and now Corbyn likes me? Was he just saying to try and get under Zach's skin? Maybe he didn't mean it.

"Did you get that Williams?" Coach interrupted my internal rambling.

"Oh uh yes sir." I said, scribbling down the numbers he was calling out.

Once practice was over for the morning, I quickly ran to my locker, hoping to get out of the school before Zach or Corbyn caught up to me. I grabbed my bag and turned to head to the school, but luck want on my side. I slammed right into someone.

"Ouch" I said as I hit the floor.

"Dang. Sorry Macy, are you okay?" Daniel asked. He was on the team too. He's one of Zach's best friends. I didn't even realize he knew my name.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just rushing and didn't see where I was going." I laughed a little and he reached his hand out to help me up. "Thanks." I put my bag on my shoulder.

"I'll see you later!" He smiled and walked away. I walked out of the building and took a deep breath before I started heading home. From now on I'm riding my bike. I'm not getting stuck without a ride again.

"Macy wait!!" I heard a familiar voice say. This. Just. Isn't. My. Day.

"What Zach?" I sighed as he walked to me.

"Can we go somewhere today? Please? I want to talk." He sounded nervous. Zach Herron never gets nervous.

"What is there to talk about?"

"A lot. Please. I hate it when you're mad at me." he pouted. I tried not to laugh. I was still mad at him.

"Fine." I said.

"Awesome. Come on let's go get lunch." He perked up. He grabbed my hand and led me to the car. I don't know what made me look behind us, but I did. When I did I saw Corbyn standing there. I have no idea why, but I felt guilty.

"Are you okay?" Zach asked as we were eating our food.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I smiled. I just felt bad for Corbyn. He looked so sad when I left with Zach, but finally Zach manned up and took me somewhere for the world to see us.

"So has to the coach said anything about who's he's going to pick for captain?" Zach asked.

"No. Not to me. I think he's going to announce it Friday."

"Cool. How's Corbyn's numbers?"

"You know I'm not supposed to tell you that." I chuckled a little. "Besides I pay more attention to you on the field." I winked and took a bite of my mac and cheese.

We finished up our lunch and headed to back to school for the afternoon practice. When we pulled up, we were the first ones back. We got out and started walking into school. To my surprise, Zach grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I knew the second that someone walks in the moment would be over, but I loved what was happening.

"I'm going to get changed for practice, but wait for me here, okay?" he smiled.
"Okay." I blushed. I was so excited to finally get some alone time, even if we did have a lot to talk about. He leaned over and kissed my cheek before walking away. I grabbed all the binders and started heading towards the field.

"Hey" This time I didn't even have to turn around to tell who's voice it was. "Hey..."

"Be careful okay." Corbyn said, catching up to me.

"What do you mean?"

"With Zach. Just know he's not good enough for you." Then he walked ahead of me, leaving me with my thoughts.

a/n: Sorry this chapters a bit short. I'll try writing another one soon. Love you all so much :)