The end of the beginning

"Shit." Dianne muttered under her breath as she looked up at the apparatus that the crew had set up for the two of them in the studio. The height of the set seeming to tower over the petite redhead far more than she was expecting when she had come up with the concept earlier last week.

"Wow." Joe resonated from besides her. His hands on his hips as he too looked up at the metal structure. "It's big isn't it."

"Yeah you could say that." She continued , her eyes drained solidly onto the scene before her.

Taking his eyes off of it and onto the professional beside him, Joe took in the look of thought strewn across her face. The cogs in that mind of hers clearly whiring away as she pondered what on earth the two of them were going to do with this rather complicated set of layers to their show dance.

"Joe..." She began - catching the others attention without batting an eyelid at him. "Do you reckon you can get up there?"

Nodding softly, Joe let out a breath of air before slowly clambering up each level of the set. His legs already burning as he got up to the top even before he had done any dancing that day. The initial feeling in his gut that this next week would be difficult now being ultimately confirmed by the pulsing in his non-existent calves.

"Well it's definitely high up." Joe agreed as he stood on the top section. His neck crooked as he tilted his head to the right. The height of the apparatus being too high to accommodate the relatively low height of the ceiling.

"Shit." Dianne echoed as she took in the way that the brunette failed to fit in the room, even with his shoulders forward and his knees slightly bent. "Well how the hell are we meant to practice with this?" She questioned further with an exasperation to her voice which did not go unnoticed by the brunette. 

Barely seconds after the set had been put up, the crew had moved on, heading across London to another training room to help set up a similar piece of equipment for Faye and Giovanni's showdance. Height seeming to be a consistent theme throughout this final, or so it seemed.

"I mean we can still give it a go." Joe shrugged, noting the hint of upset within his partners voice.

"How Joe? How?" She responded in angst. "The only way we can give it a go is if we do it on our knees or we give you concussion!" 

"Hey come on now." Joe prompted as he began the climb down from his towered position. An urgency to his movement as he took in the formidable wobble of a daring tear to start poking its head through the clutches of her throat. 

Wondering over to her once his feet slammed back on the floor with a heavy thud, Joe took the redhead into his arms. Her head instantly falling into the crook between his neck and his shoulder as she continued to look at the rather large error before them.

"I'm serious though Joe what the hell are we going to do with this?" Dianne berated further. Her voice seemingly painful as the stress of the day already began to take over the redhead.

"Well we can still go through the routine. From what you've told me already only the very start and very end need these things so we can still do all the bits in between." Joe shrugged trying to rationalise the situation for her. "Besides, you still have the Charleston and Paso to re-teach me so there's plenty we can do today, and then tomorrow we can start a fresh... sound good?"

Dianne brought her head from out of the younger mans embrace. Allowing herself to look back at the equipment and nod her head in understanding. 

"Thank you." She whispered softly in return as she shook her head slightly to get the previous dread in her mind out the way. "I know I'm being silly but this is my first showdance and I just want it to go well."