Dancing fools - part 1

"What?" Joe questioned in utter confusion as he looked up at the redhead who was stood before him, her harms placed on top of his as the pair of them stood in some kind of half-attempt of a ballroom hold. A metre or so in between their bodies as they slowly and meticulously went through the complex set of steps that Monday morning.

"What?" Dianne echoed in return. Her voice projected in such a manor that her confusion at the brunettes question and the way in which his feet stopped moving was evident.

"What do you mean, Jam sandwich?"

Giggling softly, Dianne couldn't help the wide smile that spread across her features. She was well aware of the fact that she was a little odd at times, especially with her crazy imagination and boundless energy. Yet what made her craziness all the worth while was the reaction she got from others, and despite his utter befuddlement, the wide - cheeky smile which the brunette before her was exuding seemed to brighten her day without him knowing. His acceptance and enjoyment at her personality being the only thing she could truly ever ask for.

"Jam sandwich..." Dianne repeated, suggesting that that would solve the riddle. "As in what the song sounds like." She continued as she took note of the continued confusion strewn across his face.

"Okay, you're going to have to walk me through that process there Di." Joe responded with a small chuckle edged behind his voice.

"The song... or at least the tune of it... It sounds like they're saying 'I would like a Jam sandwich!'"

Joe stood there feeling utterly discombobulated, whilst a strange sense of appreciation for the redhead scuttled through his body and mind.

A sense of humour was, in his brain, the greatest quality that a girl could ever have. And It was something he had always hoped to find in a potential partner, and one which he had fortunately found before in his previous partner.

When Joe first met Holly back in that dark club roughly ten months before hand, he had no idea who she really was. He had no real sense of expectations from the Welsh brunette when he brought her back to his apartment in a drunken heap that night, yet when he woke up next to her that following morning, Joe found himself utterly startled by her capabilities to make him laugh. Her ability to bring a tear to his eyes and make his stomach hurt with laughter as she continued to make him smile from the night they met, to the day he ended it with her a month or so back.

And so, as he stood there with the other woman who he was attempting to build a meaningful relationship with, upon the foundations of yet another unexpected one night stand, Joe couldn't help but admire the impeccable sense of humour from the woman before him.

"I mean.... I can't fault that logic." He smiled in response, his voice alluding to the small sense of sarcasm he was insistent on using for comedic purposes.

"See, you agree with me!" Dianne responded excitedly.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far - but I see where you're coming from."

"No, you agree with me." Dianne continued with a laugh as she readjusted the position of her arms which were still delicately placed upon his. The softness in which her fingertips grazed the skin of his tanned arms, sending welcomed shivers across the brunettes body. "Anyway, after the scatter chasse's - when he says jam sandwich - you go into a set of sways okay. So, left foot forward on 1, right foot to the side on 2, and so forth..."

Joe nodded softly, their moment of madness seeming to be all but forgotten as normality, and the task at hand, resumed play. His feet swiftly following the professionals instructions as he twirled the two of them around the room in what he hoped, was the correct manor. Their bodies continually moving together until he put a foot wrong, in which point the Australian would take a step away from him and correct him until he got it right. Very slowly changing and moulding him into something and someone who he had never been before. A more refined, toned down version of the once chaotic young man who would go to a dark club and pick up a drunk woman for any attempt at a one night stand or meaningless hook up. And instead into a more polished, dignified and overall more gentlemanly character who she was happy to be seen with.