Chapter 4

A/N - I know Hatterene can't actually learn teleport, and the way I'm using it isn't exactly 'correct'. Just let it be :) UPDATE 2/4 - I went through and fixed an inconsistency, no need to re-read the chapter even though you got a notification

Gloria started her Sunday as she normally did after her run, plans only changed slightly now that the first four gym challenges are done and the fifth soon to follow. Her hair was twisted up in a towel to dry while she flicked through her many champion-themed outfits. Now that the gym challenges are underway, she was supposed to be in official league attire at all times. She grabbed her signature champion wedges, a halter-style top, and shorts with her league number on the left leg. 

Gloria donned her sunglasses and hat before stopping in the main room of the apartment. "Today, I'm not going to force any of you to go with me if you don't want to," Gloria announced to her Eeveelutions. "You've been working hard all week, and since I'm taking the day off, so can you. If any of you would like to go, just wait by the door."

She turned back to her room, heels clicking on the floor as she walked. She grabbed her cape off the hook by the door and wrapped it around herself. She ran a hand through her still-wet hair, hoping it would dry off once she went out into the sunny springtime weather. One last stop was made, grabbing some extra clothes in case she needed or wanted to change

She tossed her makeup bag into her backpack and went back out to her team. Most of them were still playing in the bright living room, but Leafeon was pacing in front of the door, and ran over when she came out of her room. She reached down to pet the verdant pokemon. "You must want to see-"

"We've been waiting an awful long time, Gloria."

Gloria jumped and turned around to see Bede and Marnie standing on her balcony. Bede's fairy-type themed cloak flowed nicely in the wind, and Marnie's short hair swayed along with it. Gloria sighed, and walked over to greet them.

"We agreed to meet at 9:00, right?"

"It's 9:15," Bede said blankly, smiling slightly when a few of Gloria's pokemon tried to jump on him. He slipped them a few treats, and returned his gaze to his rotom phone. Opal didn't like him using it, so whenever he was out he was practically glued to it. "The gym challenges start at 9:30. I strongly suggest we get going, otherwise you two will have to find your own way there. Opal won't tolerate tardiness."

Marnie stuck her tongue out at him, and he rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Gloria. No matter how much it pains me to admit it, he's right. Have you got everything you need?" 

Gloria nodded, returning her two pokemon to her belt. She closed the door right as Bede put an arm around both herself and Marnie, letting Hatterene teleport the three of them to Ballonlea.

---

They appeared at the gym's back entrance, to avoid crowds. Bede returned Hatterene and jogged into the complex, leaving Marnie and Gloria to find the mostly-hidden spectator's box on their own. It was hidden in the top rim of the stadium, only accessible by league-official ID cards.

"Isn't this a bit excessive?" Gloria groaned as they swiped their ID cards in the elevator to get to the spectator level. Marnie shrugged and pulled her pigtails tighter. "It's Bede we're talkin' about 'ere. He's just tryin' to look intimidatin' for the challengers and all."

The elevator went up to the 2nd floor, and then up to a floor labeled only with the league logo. When the doors opened, the hallway was dimly lit with a bright screen on the wall, about 15 feet away from them. They walked quickly, not wanting to stay for longer than necessary. 

"The map says..." Marnie trailed off, dragging her finger along the map guide, "That its just straight ahead.  Concessions on the right, bathrooms on the left."