Chapter 12

A/N- Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Gonna try and do a double update today or tomorrow to make up for it, but no promises!

"Alright, ma'am. Your neck will bruise up a bit more, and your voice will be hoarse indefinitely. You've got a couple of fractured ribs, so here's some pain medication to be taken if it's bothering you. Your windpipe was heavily crushed, so aerobic activity is a no-go until you get the okay from us, if it ever comes at all. Any clarifying questions?" Nurse Joy said, dragging a pen down a clipboard in hand as she read off the prognosis.

Gloria shook her head. "I'm alright."

"Then you're free to go. Take it easy, please," Joy reminded, before waving and leaving Gloria by the door to the lobby.

Gloria exited the hallway quietly, closing the door to the waiting room behind her with a soft click. Raihan looked up from his phone and smiled. He had a boutique bag in his hand, and had changed out of his league outfit into a white t-shirt and blue jeans, jacket tied around his waist.

"So you're not too bloodied up, I see?"

Gloria shook her head with a frown. "It's all internal. 7 fractured ribs, bruised neck, and a permanently hoarse voice. I won't be able to run anymore because of the damage to my windpipe."

Raihan swallowed thickly before putting a hand around her shoulder and prompting her to walk. "Marnie and Bede wanted to be here, but they thought I'd be able to keep the crowds back better. They went to your apartment to get you some clothes and whatever else they thought you'd like. They also got your pokemon to a daycare center until you're feeling better so they can stretch their legs and stuff."

Gloria's gaze was still on the ground as they walked. Raihan was never the best at condolences, but he really did want to help.

"Would you rather take the taxi or the train?"

"To where?" Gloria said, looking up.

"Postwick. Leon's mum insisted that you come down, and you know her. Leon can't say no."

The duo stopped in front of the bathrooms, and Raihan handed her the bag. 

"There's some clothes in there that Melony picked up for you, since I don't know the first thing about clothing sizes," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Try to change as fast as you can. I'm going to go out by myself and say that you're still in for observation, and while they're swamping me you can get down to the monorail and meet me at the train station. Okay?"

Gloria nodded. "Good luck. You're going to need it."

Raihan shot her a wink before walking off down the hallway. Gloria ducked into the bathroom and locked the door, examining the contents of the bag. There was a dark green zip-up hoodie, jeans, and a soft, thin tank top to wear underneath. A pair of socks and black slides completed the outfit. She removed her tight clothes carefully, wincing and hissing under her breath as bursts of pain ran through her, nearly sending her to the floor with every movement. She quickly put on the tank top, carefully tucking it into her jeans, and put on the jacket. She tucked her hair into the it and examined herself in the mirror. Her neck was bruising in the shape of his handprints, and her eyes were bloodshot with angry bruises underneath them on her cheeks from the oxygen deprivation.

Gloria shook her head sadly and stuffed the champion uniform into the bag. She reached back in for her phone, and cursed herself when she realized it was probably in her dressing room.

She ducked out of the bathroom and out into the hallway, keeping as fast a pace as she could manage with her ribs aching with every breath. A twinge of pain went through her right ankle. Probably twisted it in the fall...